Sand flea smuggling

Hero of the post name is Matthew O'Donnell, he is 22, he hails from the UK. On summer vacation, he went to work as a volunteer in Tanzania (East African States). What was his surprise when, on arrival home he found a "souvenir" ... in his leg

22-year-old student Matthew O'Donnell (Matthew O'Donnell) spent the summer in rural Tanzania, East Africa, where he worked as a volunteer.

In September, he returned to his native Sussex, UK, unaware that he had brought with him the intruder - sandy tropical flea.

Matthew did not assume that was the incubator for the eggs of the parasite until until he felt tingling in his leg. According to the guy, he was sitting on the bed in his room, when his limbs started to happen strange things.

"I was sitting on the bed when I felt a tingling in the foot - says Brit. - I looked down and saw the lump and only had time to think that this may be the tumor broke and out of bed fell on the little eggs are whitish-yellow color. There were at least a hundred ".

O'Donnell says that what he saw startled him so much that he was confused and could not understand what he should do.

"I do not know whether to laugh or to cry hysterically at 3 am and ran to the kitchen to cut off his leg carving knife - laughingly admits student. - I suspect that this may be because during his stay in Tanzania in the leg of one of my friends has penetrated sand flea and put the eggs in it. There's always the sand, so it is not surprising that after a walk in slippers you can get these souvenirs ".

Students gathered eggs, and then went to the hospital to ensure the correctness of their guesses and show doctors crater formed in the foot.

Doctors confirmed that the British really brought back from Africa sand flea, adding that he was incredibly lucky, because of the wounds went all the eggs.

"The doctors said that the wound is clean, but I still do not own. I was not hurt, but rather unpleasant, but everything looked pretty creepy. Besides, I'm not haunted by the thought that within a month I was used as an incubator, and I did not even know about it, "- said in an interview with Matthew British tabloid Mirror.

Tags

See also

New and interesting