Remaking Mikrotik RB951G-2HnD

Two hours ago, converted his RB951G-2HnD, namely to add an external antenna, t. To. Inner did not give the desired result, and twist the power of this pioneer. The goal - to increase the reception range, without raising the power of the transmitter. So let's start. Will be about 25 pictures I finish I will inform you. Please do not break.

Take a dead donor 841ND to remove giblets from it ...

Remove the card

cut the leads to the antenna

Op, but the dates and giblets

giblets still

take proper RB951G-2HnD

disassemble, look

We get a fee

The fun begins. Remove the cover. See that the board has no connector mmskh, and there is a connector for technological tests (pechalka, but oh well. By studying the board is just below the connector space for soldering mmskh

And then the question arises how to disable the internal antenna and convert the signal to the laces, which will go to the outside? That's right, pevodim soldering capacitor with the upper to the lower track, or vice versa, how convenient and see) (in blue)

Solder laces on places to mmskh and be sure to fasten higher soldering the wire for rigidity so as not to tear off the track. The Result.

from here is

Testing on the knee - Uraaa works.

Long sought where to drill the hole to the inside sma connector does not touch the board, and that looked beautiful. Found.

start assembly

hard to see, of course, but you can see how is sma inside

the second connector

left side view of the finished product

Right

general view, now "horned" router

Well, in working order!))) The bottom line is - covering has become almost 3 times more in the future construction of a smartphone is no longer loses connection, even with the door closed, confidently holding two sticks of 4. It is a pity that it is impossible to fill larger pictures to take a closer look you can, limit 500k. I have all the kick.

Tags

See also

New and interesting