Exoskeleton of scrap materials

Do you think it is necessary to create the exoskeleton have millions of money or be a hefty industrial corporation? Not necessarily, all you need - it's not a pack of the most rare items, a couple of simple tools and clever head with straight arms to gather it together.

Rukastogo guy from Canada James «Hacksmith» Hobson has built over the summer exoskeleton that allows to lift a 78-kg weight effortlessly. The figure is not impressive, but because pneumatic exoskeleton running at half pressure, its load capacity can be doubled by placing a powerful compressor.

While this design lacks support for the feet, but even such a result for a project such as "how I spent my summer" impressive. Unfortunately, the author of this ubergadzheta leads only create a video blog and no detailed text describing the technical details I have not found. From the video it is clear that:

1. As used pneumatic actuators powered compressor. The cylinder on flexion and extension.
2. The base frame is assembled by analogy with frames for hiking backpacks, but for the reliability of welded steel.
3. Shoulders and forearms collected their square profile and are connected to the frame through a pair of ball joints.
4. Feedback is not yet provided, the system is controlled by remote control in one hand.

Summarizing, we can say that the system is clearly not difficult to lift the warehouse, but the appearance is impressive. This would strain gauges with feedback to control the frame for the legs so the cylinders to the disclosure of hands - and Matt Damon would envy.

All videos of the author with a detailed history of the build here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbncXbXlaNQccS1MMH2BJVyVWYQ6kGxZw

UPD. Replaced SIFCO on video at the request of readers.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/235173/

Tags

See also

New and interesting