Supersonic

What are the legendary supersonic aircraft cabin? How are these salons of passenger aircraft? Bathrooms? What is the difference "Concord" and "Tu-144"? In this post I will not talk about the Paris crash of 1973 and 2000, will not talk about the hard fate of supersonic aircraft, I just show you how to look superliner Soviet Tu-144 and the Franco-British "Concord" inside and compare some interesting facts. In addition, I will show a few pictures of Sinsheim museum complex, which houses these legendary liners. Welcome on board!

via

The first flight of the Tu-144 took place on the last day of 1968, the first flight of the Concorde - in early March 1969. In 1978, was the last flight of the Tu-144 (passenger), in 2001 - the last flight of the Concorde. That is, the Tu-144 was the first supersonic passenger plane, raised in the air, Concord - last.

The cruising speed of the Tu-144 was equal to 2300 km / h, Concord - 2150 km / h. Flying at speeds almost twice the audio, allows you to "go back in time." Passengers Concorde, taking off from London at 9 am, flew to New York City at 7 am.

Produced 16 Tu-144 and 20 Concord

The maximum range of the Concorde was much higher than the same characteristic in the Tu-144.

Tu-144 was spacious its European competitor. In some versions of the Tu-144 could fly more than 150 passengers per flight. In Concord, as a rule, only 100.

Inside, Concord.

Inside, the Tu-144.

WC Concord.

WC Tu-144.

Cabin Concord.

The cockpit of the Tu-144.

Aircraft legends!

More photos from the museum complex Sinsheim (it. Sinsheim) in southern Germany. 30 thousand square meters, the 3000 exhibits!

To rocket car «Blue Flame» (eng. "Blue flame") American Harry Gabelich in 1970 for the first time crossed the 1000-kilometer line speed. The average speed was 1014 km / h.

Legendary DeLorean "time machine» DeLorean DMC-12. Produced in the early 80s, today there is a unique workshop where restore and recreate this car. Present value: 30 to 50 thousand dollars.

T-34. The End.

Tags

See also

New and interesting