The story of the film "Ivan Vasilyevich Changes Occupation"

Immediately after completion of the "Prisoner of the Caucasus" Gaidai going to move to the screen by Mikhail Bulgakov's prose - his play "Running." For several reasons, this venture failed, and "Running" filmed others. However, in the early '70s Gaidai returned to the idea of ​​the film adaptation of Bulgakov. Only this time it was already a comedy - the play «Ivan».

- Shortly before it turned to Gaidai, Eldar Ryazanov, a proposal to take his statement the joint Soviet-Italian comedy "Unbelievable Adventures of Italians in Russia". This film was shot in the genre of eccentrics, which Ryazanov never done before. Gaidai, in this case was a real ace. But Leonid Iovich refused the flattering proposals (in the case of the consent he shines a trip to Italy) and prefer to continue working on "Ivan Vasilyevich ...»

The script for "Ivan Vasilyevich ..." wrote at home Gaidai. The fact that the writer Vladlen Bahnov was a neighbor of the great director on the landing - lived in an apartment across the street. Samu wonderful time machine engineer Timofeyev invented and designed for the painting sculptor Vyacheslav Pochechuev.

Shooting

Filming began on 26 August expedition to Rostov-Yaroslavl, where full-scale scenes were filmed: the pursuit of the demons of the Kremlin, the people at the Kremlin walls, sending troops to war. As later recalled Leonid Gaidai:

"Part of the filming took place in the ancient Russian city of Rostov-Yaroslavl. Our film group worked around the museum, located in the ancient Kremlin. We filmed the scene "Directions cavalry Ivan the Terrible».

And just then came to the museum by foreign tourists. And suddenly, in the vicinity of these riders raced in the ancient coats with hammers in their hands. Then raced again. It is a picturesque sight of the guests brought raptures. In its own way it responded to the incident museum staff. When we finished shooting in Rostov-Yaroslavl, they approached us with a request to give them two red coat and a pair of hatchets, hammers. The fact that each group of foreign tourists at the entrance are greeted by Russian tradition with bread and salt. Their teaches guests to embroidered towel. The shooting prompted a new course - to meet guests in the images of the king's musketeers ».

Filming in Rostov-Yaroslavl lasted exactly one week - until September 2, after which the team returned to Moscow. Here, too, until September 17, was shot "nature": Passage through the streets of the city "ambulance" and police "Volga"; panorama of the city from a bird's flight (when the king says enthusiastically: "Lyapota"); calls from a phone booth and friend George Miloslavsky Yakin; Yakin travel around the city (the same car that starred in "Diamond Hand"; jogging Shurika of Radio Shack; Bunsha Shura and in the courtyard, at the entrance to the chase.

The Moscow part of the film's action takes place in a typical zigzag so-called house of pink "Moscow" brick. This house is located in Novokuznetsk street, about midway between the metro station "Novokuznetskaya" and "Paveletskaya" (d.17 / 19) But in the course of the film we are always trying to show that he is in the opposite direction, at the end of Kalinin Prospekt (New Arbat).

In these days of filming the episode, when the wife Bunsha saw on a nearby balcony of Tsar Ivan the Terrible, mix it with your spouse. The shooting of this episode almost ended in tragedy. And that's what happened. According to the scenario, the heroine Natalia Krachkovskaya had to climb from one balcony to another to catch of escaped "her husband».

But the actress, who suffered a terrible fear of heights, refused to perform the trick with perelezaniem. Then, to get her to do it, Gaidai went to the trick: he said that will be located at the bottom of a special cradle to the people who will insure the actress. In fact, no cradle bottom was not just Gaidai hoped that vysotoboyaznennaya actress afraid to look down and notice the trick. But it turned out differently. Krachkovskaya, climbing over the railing, still looked down and, finding no insurance, fear almost fell down. Fortunately, near people already caught her slipping off the balcony and pulled the body back. Therefore perelezaniem episode with the picture and was not included.

Religious scene: "And you will be cured. And you too will be cured. And I will be cured "- Krachkovskaya recalled with horror. "Of course, I did not cut bald, but the head was wearing two wigs. It was hard work, because bathing cap preteen beaver sewed top. And then I put on a regular wig. All this is etched in the skin, the face began to swell. I'm just crying ».

September 17 on location have been completed, and the group for nearly two weeks, was forced outage - waited for the pavilion will be ready sets. This work required the decorators extra effort because they had to erect a pavilion in a complex, which was to immediately enter 16 facilities - 10 "modern" and 6 "Chambers Ivan the Terrible».

Here are some of them: Apartment Shurika (room, where there was a "time machine", hall and kitchen) apartment Shpak, staircase (by the way, it in those days was used for filming another comedy - "Big Break", dentist , the entrance area on the ground floor, the elevator (it was stuck Ivan the Terrible), the royal hall, the refectory, reception hall, and so on. d. The entire complex is located in an area of ​​1428 square meters.

April 12 the film "Ivan Vasilyevich Changes Occupation" was commissioned by the General Directorate of "Mosfilm". Assessing the picture is positive, management was required to make some amendments to it. In particular, it was necessary to cut the following episodes: the pursuit of George Miloslavsky (in the film remains only its beginning - when George gets away from the police, dressed in a doctor's gown), the stay of the king in the apartment Timofeev (seized episode where Ivan the Terrible fries kitchen cutlets) , fun Georges in the imperial palace, talking in a phone booth, the streets of Moscow, and others.

Actors

In the title role of Ivan the Terrible and the superintendent Bunsha Gaidai he invited his pet Yuri Nikulin. "The script written specifically for him - says Leonid Gaidai's widow actress Nina Grebeshkova. - After reading the script, Jura refused. There are two versions. The first, which unveiled the Jura, he went to Australia on tour. This is not quite true. Lena, he said, "You know, it Bulgakov. The film will be on the shelf! Well I'm going to shoot, and then no one will see it. I'm in such things do not participate. " Lenya was offended. " Even the director's personal assurances have failed to convince Nikulin. "As well? - Surprised Leonid Iovich. - Two roles. This story ... "Nikulin not attracted any special conditions or a greater number of shooting days, and hence, increased fee. (For the previous gaydaevskuyu "Diamond Hand" Nikulin received 6,000 rubles).

After refusing Nikulin Gaidai arranged a screen test. In addition Nikulin in the "kings" were labeled with seven actors. Hudsovet "hacked" the candidacy of Eugene Evstigneeva - sample the famous actor did not like bureaucrats. George Vitsin not taken because he was associated with the famous trio. And actor Yevgeny Lebedev, according to the director, was a great king, but not convincing as a building manager. After a long search for the lead role taken Yakovlev, who at first could audition brilliantly "split in two" on the majestic king and miserable Bunsha.

By the way, George Miloslavsky role that brilliantly played Leonid Kuravlev, Gaidai intended his pet Andrei Mironov. But alas ... Yakovlev on set with Mironov not formed a duo. Arts council has decided that the actor in the background Yakovleva looks too "artistic and overly sophisticated." Who knows, if the stars are different, as a rogue Miloslavsky we can see, Vyacheslav Innocent, George Burkov, Sergei Nikonenko George Yumatova ... They tried, but the choice fell on Kuravleva.

Most fortunate actor Alexander Demyanenko. Competitors on the role of the inventor Timofeyev, the creator of the time machine was only Oleg Vidov. At the last moment Gaidai decided not to part with his favorite Shurik and Demyanenko approved.

With the establishment of the role Pugovkina Yakin had problems - protested famous directors. As well? Pugovkin, play the fool, and suddenly - the director ?! On hudsovet actor G. Chukhray interceded: "Comrades directors! You all think of yourself very well. And for good reason. Pugovkin will show you what types found among you ... »

Sergei Filippov Gaidai idolized. That gave the director only comedian in his life a major role - Kisa Vorobyaninov. And when! In difficult times for Filippov, after undergoing brain tumor surgery. Do the surgery, doctors removed the cranial bone. In its place made "film" covering that the actor was not taking off, wear a beret. And now Gaidai called him in all his films. For speech, Ambassador Leonid Iovich himself wrote the text, because it is so absurd and ridiculous.

On the role of Zina, his wife Timofeev, claimed three famous actresses, three Natalia - Gvozdikova, Gundareva, Selezneva. Despite the fact that artistic council feared that in the past too has strengthened the image of "good girl Lida" from the "Operation" Y "Gaidai insisted, and approved it Seleznev. Gundarevoj also offered to try to Queen Martha V.. But Natalia Georgievna was not meant to work with a great master of comedy Gaidai, and the role of the queen it is also not approved. Game Nina Maslova felt "more expressive".

At the same time the actress played Korovyansky in the "Big Change". Shooting two paintings have crossed in interesting ways, landing in the house Shurika and directed by A. Shpak used Korenev for "big changes».

Nina Maslova, later played a woman - the dream of Athos in film Danelia, and enjoyed life male attention. The "Ivan Vasilyevich ..." the queen of all the time looking at the floor not from modesty, just an actress came to shoot with a huge shiner under his eye. Tried second husband, bandleader. Eventually it went as the benefit - this technique added queen coquetry

According to Natalya Selezneva, create royal garments for the film "Ivan Vasilyevich Changes Occupation" assisted costume designer who worked with Sergei Eisenstein on his painting "Ivan the Terrible". For the heroine same Selezneva sewed costumes young but already well-known designer Vyacheslav Zaitsev.

Short version

There is a truncated version of the Short-lived film called "Black Gloves". This tape was produced on a reel with 8 mm film, and in Soviet times, it was possible to buy for home viewing.

The 11-minute short film shows a story line, mainly associated with only Miloslavsky, and in the film turned out to be fragments, which was not a feature film. Moreover, from a full-length film was cut the final scene with Miloslavsky - the hero, disguised as a medic, helps to bring Ivan to the car, "first aid", the police starts to chase him, and in this storyline with a character finishes, so the viewer is uncertain his future fate. In the short film the final scene there. George swims by boat, accompanied by two girls. When traffic comes up from under the dark bridge, flanked by George sit for two policemen.

Interesting facts

The Swedish ambassador does not speak Swedish, and in broken German that corresponds to the text of the play by Mikhail Bulgakov.

Additional phone number "3-62", which refers to George Miloslavsky when calling to work Shpak, is the price of a bottle of vodka in the Soviet Union. The play extension - 501.

L. Kuravlev uttered the phrase "Citizens! Keep your money in a savings bank, "it was written in the script, and its sequel -" ... of course, if you have them "- improv actor.

Asked Bunsha queen replies, "Martha V. I am." This can only be Marfa Sobakina, struck his wife of Ivan IV only 15 days. Thus George Miloslavsky Bunsha and Ivan were in the old Moscow in one of the days between 28th October and 12th November 1571. November 13 Sobakina Martha died.

Crimean Khan really naughty at izyum trail in 1571. Yes, so naughty that burned Moscow in May 1571. The following year, the Crimean Khan was defeated at the Battle of the young.

Scene call George "female voice" to the voice of Natalia Shpak Kustinskaya.

The film was redubbed Gaidai because censorship attacks in several episodes. First, during the king's banquet Bunsha Miloslavsky asks: "And who will pay?" He replied: "Well, at least we did not," originally intended by Gaidai, "The people, the people, sir." Second stage of interrogation of Ivan the Terrible in the police, "place of residence", the king replied: "In the wards." According to the plan Gaidai: "Moscow - the Kremlin».

At one point in the film, the viewer might seem that he was admitted to the marriage scoring: When Bunsha asks Miloslavsky how he got into the apartment Shpak, he replies, "Oh you to hell, what kind of banal questions!", With the mouth Miloslavsky closed. In fact, this sentence is not talking Miloslavskii and Shura, being in the moment-by-frame (voice Kuravlev Demyanenko and really like).

Bunsha dressed as a king, says, referring to the Swedish ambassador "Mamma Mia", but read my lips "Peace, friendship».

In the foreign box office film was titled «Ivan the Terrible: Back to the Future» - «Ivan the Terrible: Back to the Future».

The film takes the 17th place among the attendance of domestic films in the history of Soviet film distribution.

The police arrive to investigate burglaries in the police car.

Scepter and orb, which holds Bunsha (and which are depicted on the icon), as a symbol of royal power appeared a hundred years later, the events taking place in the XVII century.

At the scene police questioning Ivan the question about year of birth replies: "One thousand five hundred and thirty-third of the Nativity of Christ." Although Ivan the Terrible was born August 25, 1530, and chronology "of Christmas" was introduced by Piotr I only in 1700. Prior to that, in Russia conducted chronology "of the creation of the world." Thus, the answer Ivan had to sound like "Summer seven thousand and thirty-eighth of the creation of the world».

In the elevator ("bricked, demons!"), The king is baptized with three fingers. Until 1653 Orthodox cross with two fingers.

The songs in the film

Initially, the song "Ringing the January blizzard" (music by Alexander Zatsepin, according to Leonid Derbenyov) The Sofia Rotaru, but its an option because of a serious, heartfelt manner of performance did not come for the comedy film. In addition, the song was recorded in a low tone of voice Rotaru completely in harmony with the high-pitched voice of Natalya Selezneva. As a result, the song had pereozvuchivat. The final film her singing Nina Brody.

Valery Zolotukhin performed the song "Conversation with happiness" ("Suddenly, like a fairy tale, the door creaked ...»).

Boris Kuznetsov, Lev Polosin and the choir sing a song MVO "drip-drip-drip" ("Maroussia»).

The song "Talk even though you're with me, girlfriend seven-stringed ..." he sang Vladimir Vysotsky, writing it specifically for the film. Later, it was called "A variation on the theme Romani».

The song "Dog Crimean king" - in the authentic poetry of booklets Richard James recorded in the Time of Troubles.

In the scene with bells sounding melodies of songs "finch-fawn" (strums Bunsha) and "Moscow Nights" (strums Miloslavskii).

Quotes from the movie

I throw my husband, this holy man with all the amenities!

Oh, What a beauty! Lepota!

What are you looking at me like, a father? For me there is no patterns and flowers do not grow.

This I have successfully gone!

That's what makes the life-giving Cross!

All that is acquired back-breaking labor, all is lost!

Walled up, the demons!

Leave me, an old woman, I'm sad ...

Tambov wolf you lord!

The state does not become poor - take away!

I demand the continuation of the banquet!

Fie on you! .. Fie on you again!

I do not recognize you in makeup!

Everybody dance!

Caviar black, red ... Yes! Caviar overseas ... eggplant!

And you will be cured. And you too will be cured. And I will be cured.

You why upset the noble lady, filthy peasant ?!

Oh, the beauty of Lepa noblewoman! Chervlёna lips brovmi the Union ... Why are you still have a dog? ... So marry, horonyaka Prince releases it!

This role abusive, and I beg me not to use it!

Packs, packs ... Cherubic Hymn! .. Language not know, sir.

What parasite dared to break the door in the royal premises? Do they hang for you to break them ?!

No need to hurry, I always have time to sit down.

That looks to me ... You are in a hole protrёte!

What do you mean, son of a bitch, an impostor, state-owned land to squander ?! So in fact no parishes are not impossible to satiate!

Three tape three cameras overseas, the three domestic cigarette case, suede jacket, three ... jackets.

Say, you do not have a private room?

Fees

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting