Secret Warehouse Porsche in Stuttgart

Secret Warehouse Porsche in Stuttgart.
source.

On one of the inconspicuous alleys Stuttgart, Germany, is a gray warehouse building, which is hidden inside an impressive collection of rare and precious models of Porsche. Technically, this warehouse with climate control and an area of ​​30 thousand square meters is used as the storage of museum Porsche, which is a ten minute walk. But unlike a public museum, which since its discovery in 2009 was visited by over 2 million people, the entrance to the warehouse is strictly limited.

However, I was fortunate to enter the territory of the warehouse and wander through it with camera in hand. Here is a short account of my little trip.

Position curve tiles, concrete floor, messy, opaque windows, sticking out everywhere extinguishing system paneling and rough - just do not notice when you realize that you are in store for a retired sports cars Porsche, kontseptkarov, prototypes and test vehicles. As I was told in the museum's collection is approximately 518 Porsche cars, but the museum halls can accommodate only 85 copies at a time. Except for 100 cars scattered around the world (special exhibitions, historical race, restoration), the bulk of the collection is concentrated in the walls of this warehouse. As my guide, at the time of my visit, there were 336 in stock cars Porsche.

Upon entering the store with natural light, I saw many models of Porsche, stored in all the corners. Some of the cars were hidden under covers and others uncovered (but they were not covered with dust). The storage room was perfectly clean, but the walls of the warehouse was mouthwatering and fascinating for some the smell of motor oil, rubber and fuel. Curator store told me that most of the cars on the move, they are filled with all the necessary technical fluids, and batteries are maintained.

A variety of cars was stunning. That's near the car GT1 LeMans, developing 320 km / h, are Agricultural tractors Porsche, and their neighborhood Rothman body 959 exhibits and 986 Boxster. At the center of the room were lined up in three rows of model 924, and in the depths of a wide corridor parked Orange 934. As soon as I turn around and before me appeared Sally cartoon Cars - a copy of a full-size car, created with the body 996 th in 2002.

On each car (or parts) in the room could tell a long story, my attention was attracted special exhibits.

Tearing the veil from one of the cars I saw the legendary 959 "Gruppe B" Concept, which was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1983. With the exception of the rear golden disks BBS, pearl-white car was completely intact and that, after three decades.

High on a shelf under the chassis of the 911 Turbo, the body was Volkswagen «Schwimmwagen». Amphibious vehicle during the Second World was built on the basis of the civilian Volkswagen Beetle. Four-wheel vehicle was equipped with four-cylinder engine, which gave out 25 hp The water used car propeller and front wheel acts as a control fin. Of the 15, 584 copies built during the war, only 1, 308 units have been created in the factory Porsche.

Under the same rack, I found early predecessor Porsche Panamera. Silver four-door 989 Concept was developed in 1988. Live car looks like an elongated version of the ridiculous 996 (yes, I know that even 996 appeared a decade later). Motor V8, pozaimstovanny at 928, is not back, and front. However, the failed sale of 928 killed a program to further revitalize the project 989. So we had to wait another ten years to witness the emergence of the first four-door sedan from Porsche.

But my favorite was the hidden treasure matte hybrid 993rd and 959 th, which was hidden under the cover. Initially, I identified some variation in the vehicle 959, but smiling curator opened the engine compartment of the car and I saw the 3.6-liter V8, borrowed from the first-generation Audi V8. In stock had stashed away a lot of other interesting cars, but I'll tell you about them next time.

Even after a couple of hours of fermentation in the warehouse I left with the feeling that saw the smallest part of what is hidden in the walls of the building. I got the impression that only half of all cars in stock exhibited on display in the museum, but in a warehouse under cover, the real treasures are hidden automotive history Porsche.

Four doors ... very surprised !!!

Four doors ... very surprised !!!

All)))

Tags

See also

New and interesting