At the end of April, the largest industry conference Runet RIF + KIB 2014
I was able not only to visit the event, but also to take part in one of the sections of this forum as a speaker. Section "survive if Runet to 2015?» on the second day of the conference as planned was interesting and resonant, although we had originally planned to lead (Kojima made a steep chief editor of the TJournal Sultan Suleimanov, ex-LentaRu) of the time given to the conditional round table with the audience in attendance and deeper all along pokumekat / pomozgoshturmovat that can make IT-community and online business in the current the situation with all progressive gos.naezdom on Runet. But time, unfortunately, it is not enough, which leaves us a moral obligation and, of course, the desire to organize a round table separately.
Actually there was already recording the speeches section, but for some strange logic, the organizer of the broadcast figures were recorded only speaking without getting themselves into the frame and slide presentations (though probably this is done, then to avoid copyrighted trolls, other logic can not see). Therefore, lower spread not only video, but also the presentation of the speakers themselves, I hope you will be able to synchronize the video image and slides perelistovanie)) Well, of course, to whom it will be interesting.
The video here is not embedded - so give link to it from RuTube < br />
Speakers in order of performance:
Artem Kozlyuk, your humble servant, «RosKomSvoboda»
Arseny Bobrowski and Catherine Romanov, KermlinRussia
Ivan Zassoursky, Moscow State University, mediapersona
Sargis Darbinyan, a lawyer and human rights activist, «Pirate Party of Russia»
Vladimir Kharitonov, «Association of Internet publishers»
Naturally, the organizer and host of the amp section called her and members of government and other supporters and adherents tightening gos.regulirovaniya online sphere, but none of them dared to openly look at the Internet audience in the eye, to express their views and respond to the backlog at Runet them questions. What we have.
1. "Legislative rink Runet»
Currently, the State Duma introduced about 20 bills that are repressive to the Internet sector and IT-industry: introduce new criteria forbidden information lock burdens on business in the network, restrictions, prohibitions, fines and leveling of the rights of Internet users. < br />
Looking back, when you enter the first law on extrajudicial locks in 2012, we can recall that it was done to protect the children, for their freedom from drugs, pedophilia and suicide. What happened in the end? Children live for fun and safe, but it has become the norm regularly introduce new laws to block information networks that are already en masse began to touch all subjects of relationships in the network. Runet doomed? If he admits it Runet - yes.
But what reciprocal steps can society and the IT-business as the primary actors, who are subject to laws regulating the Internet sphere?
( link )
The full transcript of my report, that does not take place here can be viewed here , and at the end of this post will give only sketches options for action by society and online business in the current situation. And I encourage you to think together on these and other proposed options you joint participation.
2. "The reform of copyright in the digital era»
Today the concept chosen for copyright protection on the Internet, it seems many of the participants relations inefficient and quite controversial. Today it is obvious that the existing laws in the field of copyright are not adequate to the development of technology and communications systems, and even prevent further technological development, and the 50-70-year term of protection of copyright in the 21st century is a monstrous anachronism. In support of the status quo are the largest media companies, record companies, producers and publishers intermediary.
We propose a new approach to the legal regulation of civil circulation of content on the network. We believe the time is ripe time to change the copyright and offer a new concept to the rights of users and information intermediaries and holders was more balanced.
Video intro from the speech:
( link )
3. "Plan B, or Perpektivy market contraband traffic»
Black lists, registration sites, white lists, "Great Russian Curtain." The end? No. In Russia, lives are still too few Chinese people, and therefore watching the traffic and want to watch a movie for adults, and the western series, and be aware of what exactly the words scold guards curtain. And the ill-mannered hackers, including those not educated in the spirit of Confucius, is also missing. So will the loopholes, black strokes, VPN-smuggling traffic, satellite modems, illegal transboundary WiFi, mesh-network. And the 10-fold increase in the cost of such traffic, fail to notice that just can not IT-bootleggers. How exactly will it be? I am pleased to give the report in more competent hands.
( link )
Just to give an answer to the question that is often asked and many who watched this presentation really hurts: Slide №11 - a frame of the cartoon " Working for voice »))
So what do you do?
Asymmetrical response of society
- Examine the recovery tools, access to information ( we tell you about them )
- Be able to use encryption methods and specialized software
- When you lock your online resource - to sue (we will help you legally)
- Arrange social DDoS responsible government agencies ( campaign "block - NO!» )
- Sign the petition and appeal (yes, the result is opaque, but the water wears away the stone)
- Know yourself - tell a friend (a public «SMM»)
- To participate in the public discussion of the bill (we created for this platform «RosKomZakon» )
- Join the online and offline strikes and shares ( we participate in their organization )
- Know who initiated and как MPs voted the laws against the Internet, to draw conclusions for the future.
Asymmetrical response of IT-business
- Do not stay away! Politics come fully to you and we can not remain indifferent to the situation
- Carry out an educational program for their customers and users (such as telecom operators come to on their caps to limit access provide a link to bypass the blocking tools)
- Take part in helping public organizations and initiative groups (if they themselves support their ideas, but are not willing to do the same and act)
- Form a lobby group or help them develop
- Serve to court and challenge the decision of government agencies (we are ready to help you in this legally)
- Organize your industry online and offline strike
- Arrange the campaign and collect signatures of users (for example - Campaign Google «Add Your Voice To Keep The Internet» )
- Use the power of its Internet resources for the dissemination of information on citizens' initiatives.
What do you offer? Let's discuss. B>
Do Runet survive until 2015? Yes.
But how? How the Internet came the sadness in you? Or again in the battle? What sadness? I finally am torn in the fight and my ammo is not yet exhausted, count on me in the planning of military operations! And here I am ready not only fit into the fight, but also to develop and offer the operational, tactical and strategic decisions. The fight - not for me, I was too star for that. But the organization is ready to help whatever intangible way. And here I am ready to finance military operations. To throw money for the freedom of the Internet? I - perpendicular. I do not care. I'm just sad and I'm tired, fight without me. Detachment did not notice the loss fighter. I am so sad that I call a pig Peter with his tractor with a sign "Russia - Any other country» A I'm happy! The government does everything right. Most unbelted! is not found in the responses of the fine state of my soul that I'm worried. So I promise to write about their feelings, not to collect the minus and not a UFO flew Only registered users can participate in the survey. Sign , please. Voted 68 people. 38 people abstained.