Really powerful and compact PC

Some new items is very alarming. This is open laptop with no keyboard and no drive for $ 1'995 based on ARM processor weak, the "universal" and "powerful" Tango PC the size of a smartphone for $ 350 actually completely useless without a second docking station, which stands as half of the PC, in the case if you still wear a computing unit between work and home.

I've been eyeing to replace your laptop to something, with the advent of laptops with tablet interested me as such completely stopped.
Wanted something very compact, and I began to dig into the side of the form factor nano-ITX and pico-ITX, but nothing quite productive for a reasonable price and was not found.

But was found here such literally half-liter bottle, which carries the 4th generation Intel Core, Haswell. < br />

If the picture is not clear, then the PC is still slightly lower than the already mentioned dock Tango (108mm x 115mm x 30mm vs 135mm x 135mm x 27mm).

Comes with built-in motherboard processor. Processor family:

- Intel® Core ™ i7-4500U 1.8 GHz - 3.0GHz (turbo), Intel HD 4400
- Intel® Core ™ i5-4200U 1.6 GHz - 2.6GHz (turbo), Intel HD 4400
- Intel® Core ™ i3-4010U 1.7 GHz, Intel HD 4400
- Intel® Celeron ™ 2955U 1.4 GHz, Intel HD

There is also a model based on the AMD A8-5545M 1.7G / 2.7GHz.

For sale is a miracle as a model for the assembly of a complete set which requires memory (up to 16GB can be inserted gently, only suitable for 1.35V DDR3, not 1.5V) and drive mSATA.
Cost varies depending on the processor on foreign websites from $ 250 to $ 500. Set of two strips of memory total volume of 8GB can be purchased for about $ 100, will cost about the same and on the 128GB mSATA SDD. WiFi b / g / n and Bluetooth 4.0 / 3.0 is already on board, occupy a single PCIe port.

Available also in the case with the suffix H, which is twice higher than normal, but allows the installation of 2.5 & quot; SATA disk.

There are variations of Gaming and Pro, with even higher housing and more powerful stuffing.

More attention should be given a separate model with built-in projector.

I have to mention also the Intel NUC (Next Unit of Computing, the following forms factor computer), but alas, Intel miscalculated somewhere, and the quality of its devices causing violent indignation in the forums and reviews on the major retailers. In size, composition and price NUC little different from Brix.

The nearest other manufacturers can still be called Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 , alas with the previous generation i3 in the maximum configuration, but Zotac ZBOX nano , just not comparable in performance.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/222033/

Tags

See also

New and interesting