Entertaining zhirovedenie or consequence of the Peter Principle

It is not enough to have a good mind, the main thing to use it properly.
Rene Descartes blockquote>

The well-known condition for success in any significant business - hard work. Some argue - just a talented person can be successful. Others argue success - it's a lottery. One can not, of course, discount the insight, some even manage to pull the winning ticket, but it does not happen often, but the brains have to constantly.

Brain stir - not an easy task. Often we only think we think, but in fact we manipulate the facts and give them different interpretations, forget about the time factor, expanding individual case on a whole class of phenomena, wishful thinking, come up with something that really is not, and generally create mental models that are only vaguely resemble the real world. With all this variety of errors in his fevered mind - we make wrong decisions that create new problems, which in turn, distort the feedbacks and lead us to even more bad judgment, and with each new turn of all of us further away from the truth. Therefore, each of us, pulling on his hump cargo earlier decisions. Well, when they can be written off, worse, when to have to pay for them. Dresses and repent, "God ... how stupid I was!»

Weak people at this point break, withdrawal, and the rest of his life adrift. Others, after reading the first sentence of the text, with an even greater frenzy beating his head against the wall, ie, stubbornly brains.

We think only when faced with a problem.
John Dewey blockquote>

Each time, flying at full speed in fat, making it unthinkable pirouettes, hoping to stay on your feet, you start to feel like forever renounce student: "This next semester I will start to prepare for the session immediately." That awkward moment mobilized all internal reserves, in a half-empty head begins a mad racing thoughts, their little hooves ringing jingle on the inside of the skull, felt gradual heating of the head. It enters the brain turbo. Occurs search causality breaks down the picture of the world. Your perception of the world with which you once blew dust particles spread apart, the pieces go into a long drift to a new attractor. In your library suddenly appear new book: "The Art movement in fatty substances," "Types and classification of fat," "How to fall in fat." Perhaps the emergence of periodicals: "Clothes and accessories for the fall in fat", "World of fat", "System zhiroved." Or even a memoir of the deceased: "My life - my fat." Shorter than the full fat from LJ.

Tightly stuffed new information in his head like a chicken fluff the pillow, remembering all the episodes of a collision with a yellow substance, mentally brilliant playing and failing body movements, begin to build a new picture of the world, to invent new methods of struggle, change their behavior and lifestyles. Rather, changes in the immediate surroundings you will not notice a damn thing, but inwardly you are already assembled, standing straight, and since you already chunks fall off slightly posohshy fat. The main thing - the vector of development has already been set.

There are only two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity. Although about the universe I'm not quite sure.
Albert Einstein blockquote>

The first race on the qualitative lipid substances in my life occurred when a firm decision to become a programmer. We must understand that in my time, not just programmers wrote programs, but tinkering with computers, repairing tube TVs ... for me they were the inhabitants of heaven ... now they are called stupid - pros. Then I tried everything to try and climb everywhere where my little hands hold out. For this thanks to my parents, they have created my attraction to computers, endowing Spectrum clone with 48 KB of RAM on board. But over time I realized that the universe - the lady insidious and tends to get fat and expand in volume, and my physical ability to learn anything and everything - were greatly exaggerated. Because I learned to applied mathematics and even began writing web-programmer. Since then - I did not let go.

The next successful hit in glycerol esters occurred a couple of years - I was in banking, where I was able to watch for a few years, both positive and negative examples of change organizations. And although my work just was associated with information technology, still had to actively communicate with various representatives of the human race, and analyze their environment. In other words, the situation has changed so much that I was forced to escape from the logical world of programming languages ​​and with all the dope fly into the irrational world of human relationships, undercover games, and sometimes outright stupidity of some individuals. Again there was a need to realize. Realize there was much to - human psychology, methods of management of the struggle, principles of organization ... so I got a second degree.

Anyone can err, but to persist in delusion can only fool.
Cicero blockquote>

Reckless faith in information technology has played a cruel joke with me. I had hoped that with the help of their knowledge, skills, using modern technology, I can change the world for the better, even if locally around. Once again, the reality was much more severe than previously thought, "magic pill of IT did not work."

It is well known that for the treatment of diseases of living organisms use a variety of therapeutic agents and to create certain conditions. Remember, as a child, the doctor you are assigned to bed? On the other hand, if for different reasons have the desire to get sick, there is a proven means of schoolchildren, ice sosuli. Moreover, no pill which does not help a man if he had the strong desire to suicides.

There is no paradox in the fact that all of the same principles apply to societies and organizations. Creating conditions and using the right tools, we will prolong the lives of the company. Edwards Deming, said on this occasion remarkable phrase: "You can not change - survival is not an obligation." Today, information technology is just the tool which can effectively compete. However, there are some nuances when this agent acts effectively.

It is extremely dangerous to underestimate the power of fools in large human groups.
Folk wisdom blockquote>

Perhaps effect Dunning-Kruger in narrow circles filled his mouth. For those who do not know - I repeat: "People with low qualifications, taking bad decision and making erroneous conclusions, are unable to realize this because of their incompetence." Moreover, the low-skilled experts after learning can realize their incompetence, even if the overall level of competence has not grown. On the other hand, highly skilled professionals tend to understate the level of competence.

It is believed that the layman to defend his point of view as the only correct and 100% applicable. These people know the standard solutions for most management problems - introducing ERP, lean, agile, itil and so on. They are easy to operate with these concepts, not understanding their genesis and the limits of applicability. However, in most cases, the situation is even more dismal.

At the end of the 60s of the 20th century, Lawrence Peter, put forward an interesting idea: «In any hierarchical system employee strives to achieve his level of incompetence»
Sooner or later, the employee reaches the position for which he would be unable to cope with their responsibilities, that is, would be incompetent. This is the level of incompetence of the employee NOT drop."

Returning to the effect of Dunning-Kruger, you can make a disappointing conclusion: & quot; When you reach the "level of incompetence" and completing the course, incompetent employees, aware of his precarious position on the current position and as a consequence - tries to dial the subordinate position of less qualified employees, than himself & quot ;.

Since every organization is made up of working in her staff who have a certain level of competence, you can introduce a new concept: the general level of competence of the company. It is logical to assume that the higher the overall level of competence, so it is competitive and efficient.

Thus, the effect of Dunning-Kryugerav in conjunction with the Peter Principle leads to disappointing results: in any hierarchical organization of the overall level of incompetence over time tends to rise, and the organization as a system to degrade
Certainly, there are methods of dealing with the virus incompetence for all types of organizational structures. This is a task of top management.

UPD. Note: according to Peter - "level of incompetence" - this is the official level in the hierarchical structure of the organization at which a person is not able to perform the full list of newly assigned duties.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/219469/

Tags

See also

New and interesting