Historical Fiction

On ordinary garbage in the slums of Moscow, the author found unique books published in 1764 and 1765 respectively. For details, read under the cut.

I was not born into a wealthy family, which is why one of the most popular entertainment in my distant childhood were regular raids in the trash in order to find something interesting or valuable. Sometimes we spend hours digging in dumpsters.

That's one of those days, I found these two books.

Even I have no idea what value can represent these publications issued in 1764 and 1765 respectively.

Mom did not like the gem and it required us to carry them back in the trash. But there stood up and Dad, having carefully studied the contents, said that this thing is valuable and can cost $ 100, and maybe more. Money in those days very significant. So it was decided to leave the book at home.

Of course my mother kept trying to dispose of this printed matter, but since I was responsible for taking out the trash, several times saved data works. Arguments mothers were iron - once these books are valuable, they need to sell and keep all the junk at home is not necessarily.

But miraculously books preserved until today. I've always been curious, what is written in these books, and how valuable the data instances. And how do they determine the price?

Source: nemihail.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting