Kolomna Palace - the eighth wonder of the world

The original wooden palace, built in 1667 -1672 years and amazes with its magnificence nobles and foreign ambassadors, called "the eighth wonder of the world." Unfortunately, 100 years after the start of its construction because of dilapidation the palace was demolished, and only by order of Empress Catherine II before disassembling previously were made all the measurements and created a wooden model of the palace, which was made possible by his recovery today.

Kolomna palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich - once considered the "eighth wonder of the world" and now call "Luzhkov remakes" - opened its doors to visitors on September 4, 2010. I get to it just a couple of weeks ago and I offer it with me to inspect. Looking ahead to say that recreates the interior very much, and the appearance of the palace is almost identical to what can be seen in his "old" images.

A bit of history. The bulk of the work on the construction of the "old palace" by the 1668 executed gang of carpenters led Senka Petrova Ivashka Mikhailov. At all stages of the construction work had involved the best masters in Moscow and other cities. Paintings of the palace interiors were created by masters of the Armory.

Created in the 17th century wooden palace was intended primarily to show poddanym Russian and foreign guests of the greatness and power of the king of his power. Patriarch Kirill, who was present at the opening of a new palace, he said in his characteristic manner, and that Russia before Peter I was a great state, what many people forget.

"Modern" as the original Palace has 270 rooms area square 7239. m. (This is not a one-room apartment of 40 sq. meters!). At present, the interiors recreated in just 24 rooms. In creating interiors in the palace today, 226 people were involved in 20 different specialties.

In times of Alexis Mikhailovich Palace was not only a holiday destination, but also the main country residence of the Russian emperor. There were meetings of the Boyar Duma, "depopulated" after Peter I, tips with the heads of orders (prototypes of ministries), diplomatic receptions and army parades.

Unfortunately, when I walked in Kolomna, flower beds around the palace had not yet been planted with flowers. It was possible to photograph only the bush.

"Modern" Palace is not completely wooden unlike his original sample. All designs are now monolithic, reinforced concrete, which is then taxed logs. Targeting new palace Orientation, too broken, the palace is now rotated about a vertical axis by 90 degrees, which upset him, including a sacred purpose.

Alexei Mikhailovich Palace is a complex maze of rooms, connected by transitions. Now you can explore the rooms of the king and queen, and princes and princesses.

Wood for the construction of a new palace was brought from Krasnoyarsk Territory, then treated under Vladimir masters, and then delivered to Moscow.

The palace was divided into 2 parts: male and female. Accordingly, women could not go to the male half, and even the king went to the female half of the queen only conjugal needed.

Strange but true: the female half of the royal family, in fact, sitting in a locked and even the queen will not have been allowed to go. Only business - crafts and prayer. On the women's side did not enter a man and a queen only on holidays, for example, could be invited to visit his father.

Alexei Mikhailovich had two wives: Maria Miloslavskaya, 13, gave birth to him! Children (died a few days after the last birth), and Natalia Naryshkin, who gave birth to all three children, the eldest of whom was none other than the future Russian Emperor Peter I. There's even a version that Peter was not born in the Terem Palace of the Moscow Kremlin, and Kolomenskoye palace.

The king, queen, princes and princesses had separate quarters in the palace with separate inputs and outputs, and additional rooms for servants / maids and mamok / nurses ... I must say that of the 16 children of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich - more than half have died either in infancy or in childhood.

For sure you ask about the roof tiles. She wooden material - lime.

What else? The palace is recreated in its original location. Believing that the construction of the palace not far from the Church of the Ascension tent will lead to an influx of creepy people in Kolomenskoye in one place.

And now let's go inside. Just mention some nuances:
entrance to the palace naturally paid, but the price of 400 rubles per person, I did not expect. Yes, I realize that the palace invested a lot of money (I hope that at least most of them were used for the intended purpose), but 400 rubles, I think, a little expensive.
For children, students and pensioners - 200 rubles + 100 rubles, if you want to join a tour group, I recommend that you do.
But that is not all. In one part of the palace, an exhibition "Treasures of Russian art of the 17th century" - ticket 250 rubles. At first we did not understand where the actual entrance to the palace, and paid 250 pe. Then he realized that by paying for 500 rubles (no, I love Russian art!), We need to pay for two more 800! Yes, you all thought, my dear, Friends! Walking through the palace cost for two at the end of 1300 rubles!

Treasures of Russian art of the 17th century, I will not torment you, but the interiors of the palace show. Go?

The rich decoration of suburban residence once struck the imagination of nobles and foreign ambassadors. Now, to go inside, you have to wear shoe covers at the hospital. For very particular about cleanliness, carpets, carpeted floors, thoroughly vacuumed.

The interiors of the palace was connected to the high art of Muscovy second half of the 17th century with advanced construction techniques of the time and skill to master. The palace has been thoroughly planned from the finishing of floors and ceilings painted furniture to the smallest detail.

The painting of a ceiling

This ceremonial canopy, where foreign ambassadors were waiting for the reception of the sovereign.

It is also one of the painted ceilings. Alexis likened himself to the sun, the queen - the Moon, and their children - planets and stars, which should indicate the cosmic grandeur of the sovereign.

This emergency rooms and refectory, where Alexis hosted.

Furniture in the royal palace was diverse: Russian furniture, imported Western European and Russian, made by European standards. Russian furniture - is, above all, a bench and a bench. Imported European furniture - beds, chairs and tables.

The Emperor sat here on this throne. Notice at the bottom of two gold lions? They secret!
Alexis was a great lover of mechanics, and on his orders for the fun of guests around the throne installed mechanical lions, which shakes his head and sparkling eyes, what resulted in "slight" surprise of foreigners to the delight of the Russian tsar.
If you join the tour - for you to include most of these lions. Your kids will love it! Guaranteed! By the way, children are allowed to sit on the floor on carpets that they also enjoy during the tour.

In addition to the sun Alexis compare themselves with the kings David and Solomon, and the emperor Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar. In this image can be seen fragments of the ceiling painted with the image of King Solomon.

But portraits of Alexei Mikhailovich.

There was a place and a portrait of Prince Peter, whose reign turned the Russian state in the Russian Empire.

This office Alexei Mikhailovich, where King worked with his own rules of government securities.

Such was the royal bed-chamber. As befits a bed in those days - it was very short, as slept sitting up, not the blood rushes to your head (and it is considered life-threatening), and because of the wigs, which was applied for a few days.

In all quarters of the royal family were icons and chapel for worship and prayer. In the chambers of the king's chapel was the name of the Cross Chamber.

This, if I am not mistaken, to teach the Chamber, where he taught the princes.

The most interesting, but, in my opinion, very modern-looking building - a soap. You, too, thought it was rather a Finnish sauna? Anyway! Believe that soapy, ie Bath, under Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich looked that way! King was a progressive, and the palace is built with the latest technology.

Soapy water for the taking of the Moscow River, and the king then necessarily wash before and after committing sinful acts, which include a visit to the queen and a visit to the theater.

This is the prototype of the bath, on the bottom of the trough (or as we call it?) Put hot stones, so that water does not cool down, and the king could hover legs.

Let's go to the women's quarters. Unfortunately, it seemed to me there is not as much fun as a man's, and photographed a little. But anyway, let's see some pictures.

Perhaps the most interesting place is the female part of the recreated Blue room of the Empress Elizabeth.

And here is her portrait.

Finish the portrait of Catherine II, on whose orders the palace of Alexei Mikhailovich was pulled after reports it that the restoration of the palace is not possible, and the wooden structure has already begun caving ceilings. It is thanks to her, as I wrote above, it was possible to recreate the palace today, as the Empress ordered to make measurements and accurate descriptions of the palace, as well as its wooden model.

via source

Tags

See also

New and interesting