Autumnal equinox on September 23, marking the end of summer and beginning of autumn in the northern hemisphere. Autumn - it is harvest season, festivals and fairs, bird migration, preparation for winter, and, of course, the golden foliage. In the northern areas, people are already starting to feel in the evening air hint of light frost, the leaves reach their peak color passes harvest of apples and pumpkins. We suggest you take a look at photo galleries dedicated to autumn in all its manifestations.
1. Statue of Soviet times "Bather", topped by a wreath of autumn leaves in Gorky Park in Moscow on 8 October 2011. (Reuters / Sergei Karpukhin)
2. Dragonfly on wheat spikelets. The picture was taken during sunset in the Canadian province of Alberta, September 7, 2011. (Reuters / Todd Korol)
3. Autumn forest near the town of Lutsen, Minnesota, September 26, 2011. (AP Photo / Ann Heisenfelt)
4. Leaf in a pond in the Park of Culture and Rest named after SM Kirov in St. Petersburg, October 9, 2011. (Reuters / Alexander Demianchuk)
5. A man with his dog in a haze of morning fog in Hampstead Heath, 30 September 2011 in London. (Dan Kitwood / Getty Images)