Home-made cars "oror" 1981. Yerevan

Single copies of improvised car still preserved in the big cities. But from the variety "SamAvto" built on open spaces of the Soviet Union (and even more in the republics), not even a memory.
I decided to show one of his contemporaries "literate" homemade, constructed by the driver from Yerevan - Henrik Matevosyan in 1981. Machine author called "Aurore", which is translated, if I remember correctly, "seagull", which is natural for a car with doors "gull wing».
For quality photos immediately apologize. All that was able to dig up the process of painstaking research is either someone's childhood photos camera "Change", or scans from the Soviet press is no different print quality

"Aurore" was built on units of VAZ-2101, I had a line-up, respectively, a classic: the engine front drive - rear. Fiberglass body on a space frame. Curb weight of the car - about 850 kg.

"Zhiguli" engine was somewhat boosted and developed capacity of 50 kW. In combination with low weight this power allowed to accelerate to 170km / h. Fuel consumption 9-10l 100km.

Construction machines Matevosyan - is exactly the case when the car was made just on the balcony (good, such was spacious enough). In this photo from the book, "I'm building a car" can be seen as the skeleton of "Aurora" at the end of the welding and assembly of a crane lowered suspension from the balcony of the apartment. All the "chemical" works on the plastic body produced in the shed without electricity.

Well, what else to say ... Lights at the car went up on the drive, posadachnaya formula 2 + 2. In parallel, it was built like a car with a slightly different design of Chuck, which in any motor race was not involved and was seen only once, when the column "homemade" passed through Yerevan.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting