Mountain fortress of Sigiriya in Sri Lanka

The history of this place in the Russian Wikipedia fairly briefly described, in front of her words, and then her:

Sigiriya (which means "lion rock") - rock plateau, rising 370 meters above the surrounding plain in the center of the island of Sri Lanka. Since 1982, Sigiriya is protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

15 centuries ago in Sri Lanka (this is an island-state in the south of India, who do not know, he's Ceylon) King Kasap rules. He was eager to hurt all the glamor and ostentation. Well, like any oligarch afraid of political persecution and mob. Therefore, built on the mountain a castle-fortress, and threw at the foot of gardens, fountains, young virgins in a negligee and other amenities. Entrance to the castle was his lion's head, where it was necessary between the paws him to come into his mouth or something (but over time this head rolled away from the mountain in an unknown direction and more it has not been seen, there were only feet). Path to this entry king commanded murals decorate a sisyastaya dancers, in order to please his eye passing. And actually located at the top of the royal mansion, throne, chicks, billiards and pool with Jacuzzi. So King Kasap lived not grieved, the barbarians have not come and it's not Porush. Now you can see what remains of the former luxury:

I climbed up there with the most shit, hours of 6 am to climb high, and the sun in Sri Lanka is absolutely ruthless (usually a little whiter than local blacks).

the picture above is just a ledge on the left should be the head of a lion, ie from a distance it would look like a giant lion on a rock ...

morning peace and quiet, only a dog from the ground chasing monkeys in the tree

obiletivshis went on and met a pair of red ants

mountain in fog, it leads in the central avenue along which used to be fountains (15 centuries ago! - working under pressure from the water from the mountain), ponds, green areas, maybe even statues

one of the ponds in the way the rest of the dry season in these ponds water used for bathing, so there is quite a decent depth and wall thresholds

ancient building higher quality modern huts island

little by little my way up among a heap of intricate steps, moves, and the ruins of buildings

in one of the corners there were two dogs, which then for a long time followed me, and often ahead of pointing the way to the top

That's just

on these rocks hung monks, getting there by a small cut down brackets

doggies, meanwhile, was quite fun, and I climbed on a rock

so was a bathroom with stunning views, more interesting and solidity of this Vanny as if cast from concrete

went further higher and higher

I was reminded of the first Half-Life, where it was necessary for some cliff jumping and crawling, and then get into the sewer pipe as usual

while dodged down already started to pursue the first tourists who went on a straight path

at some height dog left me

moves along the cliff pretty crazy

and not always safe

bottom swarmed couple aunts, apparently they were in shock on where they will climb

Top staircase leads to the cave with big tits, but that at the end of

squirrel

cliff

walls in volcanic divorce

view down the central avenue is still a third of the total height of approximately

ladder, which I would have a bottle is not useful

here were once apartments worth considering

little wandered around

went upstairs to the main entrance of the mansion fellow king on top of the mountain, there was already the sun came up and hauled people

paw pretty well preserved, the rest of the lion is no longer

above crawl through another fascinating stairs

... How to say, well, who at least once in a lifetime climbed the fire escape above 3 floors understand the feeling

people on the site at the feet of the lion did not dare to rise further or just relaxing by the first part of the ascent

that's at the top, it took about an hour

frankly on impressions nothing special about it, some ruins, a couple of pools, but no girls, no pool so at worst not found

could this king lived there and cheerful, but so to rise for an hour, but still hot (probably his slaves wore)

in general, the whole interest was not as a result, and in the process to climb this mountain

a couple of sand photo

3 pools pieces he had

and here is the throne of questionable soft but with a view of the sunrise

I'll be the king of this impoverished country would be better off left in Thailand and would not be sitting on the mountain all day like a woodpecker on a branch

it becomes clear expression of the essence of "King of the Hill" - barely climbed, sitting there like a fool, you look down at all, and after, though desirable, but laziness or hurt if in a hurry, and the situation does not allow

latest photos from the top, looking more than that, only local tourists like monkeys dolezli (and European because of their asses and in all ways)

local beauties also went downhill

spare lion relevant to the head, which rolled away

and the apotheosis of the story, for what actually everything is gathered - tits old dancer from central Sri Lanka

they are hiding in a cave, where you can get in the mode of the pipeline on the spiral staircase

here it is - a historic property 15-century ago,

... Thin waist, big tits, though with silicone - King obviously knew a lot about this business

and with a better angle

a couple of seconds - and on the way out, the crowd behind the continuous suffering of the same ancient wonder to behold bare breasts

a couple of hours ago, there was a more relaxed

and a couple of pictures in the bonus:

hornet's nest and a half meters tall

way down the maze of boulders and stairs

there could be a theater or a tavern to show

Euro-tourist fashion: shorts to the knee, hat and T-shirt

leaving gardens ...

... Left © Gr

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting