Cemetery tanks in Eritrea

Writes blogger vartumashvili:
Very interesting place, in my opinion - one of the best in Eritrea. Such apofez war. In one pile on the outskirts of the city lined with piled seized and inherited Ethiopian military equipment. The result was a kind of open-air museum.
30 ph

1. Despite the fact that the place is called the Graveyard of tanks, the tanks are not so much. Most trucks and other "service" vehicles, but the scale is impressive. Interestingly, it seems, got here and it is working (as far as can be judged by the whole structure) of the machine. What is regularly in other African countries, I'm not talking about Russia, there turned out to be a dump. Apparently, someone had better to have these mountains of mangled cars (maybe to attract attention), nezhli restore more suitable for operating vehicles.

2. At the entrance to the cemetery.

3. Inside akuratno "street" between the walls of the mutilated bodies.

5. TRASH.

6. Technique mostly Soviet-made. On this point several times heard that "we belong to the Russian well, despite the fact that providing weapons Ethiopian army." By the way, the Eritrean army also acquired weapons in Russia (in part - in Ukraine, but in many countries of the Third World republics of the USSR for a long time will be associated with Russia). Given that the military actions were in the early 90's, I believe that a substantial part of the delivered paid not in the budget. Arming both armies, making the training of experts, and on nekotorm data and taking direct part in hostilities destructive, cynical Russia has sent humanitarian aid to both sides of the conflict. Such were the times.

10. Machinery neatly on marks. UAZ-469 separately.

11. UAZ-452 "Loaf" separately.

12. Western technology can also be found. Land Rovers.

13. Thrown Boeing.

14. ladder.

15. Discarded buses to the heap.

16. anti-aircraft guns.

17. And, of course, tanks.

19 armored personnel carriers.

20. Tank cacti.

21. If before the country cactus I thought Mexico, now this place belongs to Eritrea. Cactus is an incredible number. Flowering.

23. Throughout the here and there there are containers. Shoot them for unclear reasons banned. There is an assumption that they were exporting scrap metal, and, perhaps, the surviving parts.

24. At the cemetery, people live. We explained that it was the refugees. Someone fenced plot itself.

25. Someone huddled in an old railway coaches.

27. Life is in full swing here. Drying clothes.

28. Fix a kerosene stove.

29. Cleaning.

30. The tank.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting