35 years and a million toothpicks

Thirty-five years ago, I was not born yet, but the artist Scott Weaver has already started work on this insanely complicated sculpture, titled Rolling through the bay, and continues to change and expand it today. Sculpture itself consists of several "themes", which pass into one another, covered by historic sites, and iconic symbol of San Francisco, all recreated with the help of a small amount of glue zubochistkok and incredible ingenuity. He admits that there are several sculptures from toothpicks even more than him, but no one has a unique bunch of components, such as his sculpture. Weaver estimates has spent more than 3,000 hours on the project, and toothpicks were collected from around the world:
& quot; I used different brands of floss, depending on what I'm building. I have many friends and family members who collect toothpicks in their travels for me. For example, some of the trees in Golden Gate Park are made of toothpicks from Kenya, Morocco, Spain, Germany and Italy. Heart inside the Palace of Fine Arts is made of toothpicks that people threw at our wedding. & Quot;

more

More

More

More

More

All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting