Restoration of the IL-14T on the Tushino airfield

Having lived for two years in Northern Tushino, I often passed on by former Volokolamke Tushino airfield, where the lonely are two aircraft An-26 and Il-14T. At full collapse of entire airfield surprised me that these planes still somehow survived, but I was sure that they will cut soon. Removing a report about the Jaguar in Tushino, I seized the moment and went to look at the planes. Imagine my immense surprise when I saw that about Ilyusha busy people and repairing it, and do not turn into scrap. So I met with Andrew and his team, who are reduced to the status of the flight Il-14T.

40 further photos via russos

1. Andrei (vulkan_avia): «First, he stood proudly in the central parking lot next to the two handsome An-26. Then one AN-26 cut into scrap metal, and a giant tumbleweed first in one corner of the parking lots, and then another, and then completely thrown in the grass. I was terribly sorry for him. Such a big, handsome, proud plane suddenly became necessary to nobody. But why? Why is that? After all, he was an excellent aircraft, honestly I served the people tried hard, but everything about him forgotten. At the airport were holidays, tipsy people climbed on the plane, breaking flaps, which climbed to the wing twisting the screw and trashing all the equipment inside the aircraft ... Several times I drove the people, breaks the plane. I honestly do not understand - why I was indignant because he's nobody, it can break! But what could I do at that moment? Boss, I did not know how to find - is not represented ... And the plane died. When he was on the edge of the airfield, abandoned and open, I decided: Enough! You can not just let him die with indifference! We must do everything that is possible, but keep this handsome man. "

2. Andrew (vulkan_avia): «clambered whole plane and having studied literature, which turned out to be quite a lot for IL-14, I came to the conclusion that in fact the damage is not very serious, but the design of the aircraft and its systems are fairly simple and are available for my level. At the same time the more I delved into the aircraft, the more he admired and respected. Its design was simple and ingenious at the same time. Features of the aircraft is also delighted! While working on the issue revealed the owner of the aircraft - the Federation of aviation enthusiasts. "Well, you have to take," - I decided. Friends looked at me like I was crazy ... Yeah, okay! Very much I would like to feel this phone in the air in his hands! After some dialogue with the FLA president, Viktor Zabolotskikh, it was decided to transfer the aircraft to me and my friend Vladimir (Vovacii) - a man with enthusiasm and air planes. So the work began! Time we chose could not be more "successful" - December 2010 ".

3. The project employs many people. Aside from Andrey friends, work and restorers of Monino. Oleg, who picks the drain flap on the wing, in ordinary life takes a leadership position in one provider. At other times, judo, restores aircraft in Monino and this one Il-14T. He says he is happy to madness, but, however, the family is grumbling that the house does not see it.

4. Restore all necessary: ​​tubes, wires, hatches. Last you see in the picture. Corrosion corroded fasteners lock and hatch is sent for repairs.

5. According to Andrew, the airframe is in good condition, but all that can be tested and inspected and any damaged parts - replaced

6. Dismantled flaps.

7. Detail of the damaged flap. That's all it will be necessary to restore. In general, the control surfaces are most affected.

8. The rudder was dismantled in February and is now being restored.

9. On the day of my visit, the boys began to open the casing (special process window) for access to the wiring (wiring above) and to the tubes autopilot. The fact that the aircraft is equipped with a hydropneumatic on autopilot.

10. But first it is necessary to unscrew the soured old steel screws than Volodya and deals.

11. Sometimes cut grinder.

12. replace with new ones made of stainless steel, which have been ordered in Germany.

13. But the most trouble, problems and work - with the engine. Meet it - AL-82T.

14. Cracked cylinder valve cover. It should be changed. In theory, there are donors. Also rumored to be somewhere in the warehouse, there are two brand new, canned motor.

15. A damaged high voltage cable to the candle. Judging by the boss - then he has repaired.

16. New fuel filter from ... MiG-29. The old design (based on silk) has deteriorated, and it was decided to put the device on a different aircraft. Regarding the authenticity Andrew said that apparently the plane will look like, how to look Il-14T. And they will deliver modern equipment: for example, radio or navigation equipment here such as the filter.

17. Alex washes the oil cooler.

18. And Sergey washes away the old paint from the oil tank.

19. So oil tank looks like a gondola chassis. Dodgy dent on its side - is to fit the chassis.

20. When and how to take out from this plane - is not yet known. None of the teams did not doubt that they will restore it, but on terms yet nothing is clear. In Ilyusha there are two ways to leave the Tushino Aeropol: fly under its own power or sail on a barge. The first option is preferable, a place to take off until there is (on the river for the Ring Road), and seemingly even Rosaviation give it good, but it is uncertain. So what is likely to be loaded on a barge and will remove the pitch suitable for takeoff.

21. "Trap".

22. Attaching a stabilizer in the tail section.

23. Il-14T a lot of documentation, but the plane been made many changes and revisions during the operation that sometimes what on paper, a little does not correspond to what is under the floor.

24. The letter "T" stands for "Transport". On the left side there is a hatch through which you can to roll GAZ-69 and secure the cabin. Observing alignment naturally.

25. The aircraft cabin. The hatch in the floor opened for access to the wiring. Inside it right, you can see the control cables.

26. Hydraulic Tank. Gray cylinders - it accumulators, and red - fire fighting.

27. The panel filling stations.

​​

28. Blister navigator.

29. Vandals seriously beaten dashboards and instruments themselves.

30. Now all of them were dismantled and put in order, as well as reduced wiring.

31. Dashboard Il-14T in the current state.

32. Lida vacuums plane. In the years after the release, I accumulated a lot of dust.

33. Each wire is necessary to identify and recover.

34. A cut wiring very much.

35. Fresh insert. But work is still no end.

36. The project needs your help. The first thing should be growing from hands and bright minds. You also need different equipment. Coordinates Andrew you can find here. I will periodically highlight as is the restoration of the aircraft.

37. And next is the An-26. He is more or less normal.

38. But in the castle.

39. Interestingly, here he ever fly away, or chews?

40. And then there are here such an artifact - the helicopter cabin.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting