The system of underground passages of the fortress "Kerch"

Blame prinadlzhit users Learn samnamos'u

In this review, I will talk about a masterpiece of fortification of the XIX century. on Cape Ak-Burun in the Kerch Strait. During a July visit to Kerch, I visited the famous castle of the same name, its interesting history, scale and mysteries. Fortress razrostalas and strengthened almost 2 centuries. From a small Pavlovsky strengthening arose a strengthening area, sits on a hill. The main part of the fortress is under the ground and carries a massive amount of moves barracks kozematov, positions and warehouses for the storage of ammunition and food. Today I invite you to take a virtual tour of the castle and its Nadra ...

The first fortification on the Russian coast of the Kerch Strait has arisen yet in 1771, when these lands were only attached to Russia, and there was a need to ensure the defense of the Strait. On the small cape it was built battery "Pavlovsk". But as the practice during Krymsskoy War, it was ineffective and even captured. In its place French troops built a fortified camp and stayed until June 1856

1. The territory of the castle 20 years ago was surrounded by several perimeters fence and guarded by soldiers bditelnymi. At the moment, this is all that remains of the past glory.

2. On the left is visible Pavlovskaya battery. The very first fortification.

The end of the Crimean War was marked for Russia signed in March 1856 Paris Peace Treaty, according to which the Black Sea was declared neutral, and Russia could not be here for the fleet, arsenals and military ports. But the agreement did not say anything about the construction of fortifications. It was built on a progressive strengthening in the m. And Ak-Buran. Tuzla. Pavlovskaya battery has been upgraded.

3. Massive entrance to the fortress from the side of the ditch.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting