Vera - the history of the Victory Day

5 photo

As a child, since I can remember, my family, before each day of Victory, uttered the name "Vera».
The name is pronounced with sadness and affection in his voice. A photograph of Vera - my daughter, my grandmother put on May 9, in the most honorable place in the house. And I always childlike admiring the beauty of the girls, the older little sister of my grandfather.

Great-grandmother and grandfather often told me about her. They said that after the occupation of the Nazis Kerch, Vera worked with the underground, and that one day, in August 1942, the Nazis took her ...
And since then, they were waiting for her return, always waiting. Will not moving, they lived in a small house close to a shady courtyard in the center of Kerch, and believed that there would come a day when Vera crossed the threshold of their homes.
My grandfather died in 2003, the year. Until the last day he told me about how he misses Verochka and wants to find her. After some time, going through his old photos, I found these documents here.
Scan unimportant, so I reproduce verbatim:

Reference. Dana MJ Umenko, is that Her daughter Vera Ivanovna Umenko born. 1918. During the occupation of the Kerch German invaders led underground work is that Ney was the radio in which she kept in touch with the Red Army. To supply prisoners passports using stamps and stamp nemetskago commandant through his girlfriend, who worked in the German commandant. The underground press printed and distributed among the population. I cut the wires.

Many more all types of our valiant Red Army was made of a patriot, but unfortunately cut short young lives at the hands of traitors and P ... P ... nd nd. Confirmation of the above can be found in the record of the case, the existing military courts Simferopol, who was investigating the above mentioned traitors and sentenced to 10 years in prison. Me personally, it took prisoners from the hospital and saved my life and many others for which he was shot by the Gestapo in Kerch 27 / VIII 1942.

Disabled World War Vladychenko (?) Passport №4629
Signature Vladychenko certify. Signature of Witness assure 28 / III 1945
Upravdom
Address: Kerch, Cooperative lane d.№30 »

"Help
Dana MJ Umenko that Her daughter Vera Ivanovna Umenko Born 1918. Vela underground work during the occupation of Kerch that has been arrested 5 / VIII 1942. and shot 27 // VIII 1942. Gestapo in Kerch
№528685 Baklanov Barbara Y.
Print management home № ... »

Even with at the hands of these documents, my family believed that Vera was alive. My father still believes that a miracle happened, Vera survived and just lost her memory, and therefore do not come home ...

Do not judge strictly: this is my first post, and in anticipation of the holiday I would like to pay tribute to Vera, and to all those who gave their lives for the Victory in the Great War!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting