A trip to Tashkent (Uzbekistan)

A trip to Tashkent

Background:
I had a chance with a team of artists to visit this wonderful city in Uzbekistan. We went to the speech (rock concert), which took place in a club in Tashkent.
Most probably terrible that I remember - this border crossing Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan. 3:00 hassle of filling declaration, border guards frisk.
After the border we expect a beautiful, large, clean city, which I have never visited.
The first thing that surprised me - in the city all go to the domestic auto industry - the car brand DAEWOO (Nexia, Matiz and IP). Daewoo Cobiralas in Uzbekistan, and is therefore probably more profitable for them to buy from their same car industry. Cars I saw on the strength of 20 pieces, jeeps - 3-4. Led drive erratically, and very quickly. Tacked into a taxi and even the drivers just do - is not accepted, immediately begin to resent "Eyyy why you strap Neuvazliayev chtoli."
The second thing that caught my eye - the tram tracks cross the road - perpendicular, and everywhere. I did not see the track ran parallel to the road.
Third, what surprises me - cash. Amounts in the shops may amount to millions of the sum, which translated into a dollar amount to $ 100-200. People living there do not go with in cash, as I have to carry a bag of money , they prefer cards. We went with a large stack of money.
The population there is quite friendly, catering to just do it like you are taking the honored guest.
In general, from words to images:

1. View from the window of our apartment

2. The view from the other window. Wieden Tashkent airport

3. Large building NBU

4. Three traffic lights (not clear why)

5. The huge building. We have been unable to learn - that it is because passers-by to talk to us not much like.

6. TV Tower Tashkent. View Metro. What the Ostankino reminded

7. Institute with the ambiguous title

8. Clean the streets of Tashkent morning

9. Here's obvious

10. The descent into the subway. Next, we have banned pictures. A couple of times even breaks away
fotik

11. View of the government building. In front of the line is Fantans probably 30 meters in length.

12. The former Lenin Museum

13. Again, three traffic lights

14. The road to the airport. We catch a taxi to get to the subway

15. Large building near the theater with a big clock, which by the way works.

16. The television tower. Another view, the view from

17. Grand Mir Hotel and the small tube

18. On the way to the park

19. The fountain at the Opera and Ballet Theatre

20. Theatre of Opera and Ballet

21. My friends. And in the background - The local cops. They wear strange-looking green uniform, and especially do not adhere to the citizens.

22. We are against those who are against dog

23. Arc de Triomphe

24. Actually - photos from our performances. I apologize for the quality of

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting