"Window" into space

Writes blogger abra-akbar:
So, I rallied, put aside all the urgent and non-urgent cases and selected some photos to tell you about a unique object "Window", which I visited in late September.

"Window" - a complex optical-electronic space monitoring. It is located 9 km from the town of Nurek (Tajikistan) at an altitude of 2216 meters above sea level. Place building is selected in the '70s of the last century because of the properties of the atmosphere (the transparency and stability) and the number of clear night hours (more than 1500 hours per year) - in the former USSR area with similar parameters there are still only in the Caucasus but Nurek complex located farther south, and allows you to capture a larger number of objects.
It refers to a set of Russian Space Forces, working in normal mode since 1999.
"Window" allows for detection, identification and calculation of the orbits of space objects in automatic mode at altitudes of 2,000 to 40,000 km or larger than one meter. The principle is simple - space objects detected by the sunlight they reflect. Space surveillance proihvoditsya exclusively at night: fixed as already known and newly discovered objects. A total of 9,000 known complex catalog of space objects.
32 photos

The road to the complex has not been repaired for many years, but in the words of the commander of the voiyskoy next year on its overhaul of money have already been laid in all budgets. At the exit from the excitement of the complex set warning in Russian and Tajik languages.

The whole complex is in my frame does not fit, but you can often see the primary. Near the building - a Command and a computer center.

Space Communications Systems.

As in any military unit a lot of attention paid to design and billboards. :-) It hangs above the entrance to the command-and-computer center.

Domes - these are the most complex optoelectronic sensing space in a closed form. Day, they do not work, and therefore closed.

View from the helipad to the Nurek hydroelectric power station.

This view of the summer residence of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon

In these screens during complex displays all the incoming information. During the day, of course, the screen is off.

Immediately kept the banner of military unit, handed July 11, 2009 the commander of the Russian Space Forces.

Due to the sedentary nature of the work at the command post officers have the opportunity to drive a bike and use rope. :-) Without detracting from the workplace.

Due to the fact that the duty at the facility daily - eat military immediately.

On the territory there are more buildings in addition to command and data center, they also present agitation. :-)

Some objects have their own names. This is named after the city of Noginsk in the Moscow region (pre-revolutionary name - Bogorodsk) due to the fact that a military unit an excellent relationship with the city and the military children in school, which is officially a branch of one of the schools in Noginsk Nurek.

Actually, "Bogorodskaya" and have got to watch what and how. For some time, even opened the dome to be able to shoot from different angles.

Expands to the dome by means of a simple, understandable to any normal person with a higher technical education.

Actually telescope rotates in several planes.

This object adjacent that undergoing maintenance.

I drove there to take a picture "Bogorodskaya" side.

There is visible stendik information about the performance characteristics of optoelectronic station - I wrote about them a little later).

View from the helipad on the part of the complex.

The complex is surrounded by a fence energized.

And this is a complex "Window" looks from the country of the President of Tajikistan.

If you look closely, you can see on this photo abandoned barracks, which until the mid 90s living in the facility served as conscripts. After the civil war in Tajikistan, where the presence of the facility has been minimized, and the transition to contract completion, they are no longer needed and are in ruins. Contract personnel and their families live in apartments on the official site of the Nurek. The single - in the rooms of two. For these barracks did not go, because there are poisonous snakes to fig.

On the territory of the Nurek I fotkal not so much because of the not much different from the majority of the military unit, where I was last year. However, there is a difference. Club of the war built on extrabudgetary funds.
This church, which the military themselves chipped. Priest in part does not (although unit staff already allocated), the service is a priest from the Russian military base.

There is a place for sport (just under the windows gostinitsnogo room where I slept). In the morning I was awakened by the noise and looked out the window I found a large number of officers who moved up, shook the press and so on. To the right are located basketbolshaya and volleyball.

In general, thanks to this set of Russian military and civilian leaders are aware of flying over the Earth nearly all space objects and pinpoint any new object and recognized as soon as possible. And not the last role in this played no telescopes. and employees in terms of people.
Special thanks for their participation, I want to express the unit commander Colonel Dmitry Bataraginu and deputy commander for educational work, Colonel Vladimir Samoilov - for udelёnnoe me their time.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting