Life through the eyes of the shop seller

The seller, who works in a big department store, anonymously said about whether the carrier to become a director, how to deal with nails in the shoes better and why no one Soviet of merchandise.
Letters +10 pictures via telnews

Recruitment

When applying for a job in any store faced with conditions, which either agrees or not. The questionnaire prescribe what is important to you: career, team, money. But, having worked for some time, everyone understands: the leaves go nowhere. The sellers are gaining everyone. The managers treat them as human beings time, sooner or later go away. I worked with a good manager. However, and it is, if a person is gone, and a year later he returned, he could not remember. The flow is very large.

They say, five years ago, the selection was much tougher. C you talked and CEO, and even specially selected by the Commission. You should have almost no specialized education, experience and the appropriate type. Without the experience of taking a few.

The team

Today, the only professionals in the store - grandmother-merchandisers and warehouse manager. 50 years work. If they put a sell, they handle it better than the students who form the basis of the department store. Grandma worked here during the Soviet era ending institutions and vocational schools, specialty like "acceptance inspector goods" or "Warehouse". Goods, which stands on the return on the eye defines marriage of the skin and so on. Now, if the hired man came though with some experience, consider that he has already received. He showed how to fold the box and include a computer - that's the new head of the warehouse. Five years later grandmothers and replace all come complete chaos.

Young sellers do not want to grow, and maybe not. To the seller in the department where I work, has grown to the manager, must coincide thousands of factors. Is that couriers may grow to sellers. Guidelines unprofitable. Where, for example, to put the man who for seven years worked as a manager? At the highest positions take friends. So career - it's a fairy tale.

Responsibilities

The seller has to look after his section, make sure that all the goods have been posted in the hall, to be guided by prices and sizes. How to sell, no one teaches. You do not even have to know something about the brand. There are brand book: if you want - read, do not want - do not read. In which year was the designer, no one ever asks. And will not check.

There are vendors who directly vparivayut "takes - no?", Running from one customer to another, especially in sales. And there are people who work with the same client. These earn less, but they have higher quality of service. Communicate with regular customers and advise them - could not be worse. It is the responsibility: what if something he does not fit, do not like to be married?

We have had cases where the girls during the fitting of the shoe scratched badly nailed inside the heel. The idea is in the seller's obligations do not include checking the insole: nails in shoes - the problem of producers. But someone from this easier? Nails come in cheap and expensive shoes. The worst thing is when boots or ankle boots: it's not visible at all. We were lucky that all the girls that are very scratched, did not go on the conflict, still limited apology, iodine and plaster. Shop like to blame, but we also did not present specific claims: Shoes do not we. By the way, during the Soviet era insole tested, and does it Warehouse. And now, if you see that the seller feels the shoes inside, be sure he is a good man.

Theft

Steal both buyers and sellers. Customers theft is of two types: deliberate and accidental. The random - this is when people come to buy something, but he podvorachivaetsja freebie. Came guys were looking thing, but it is without protection - so carried away unnoticed. And buy something else, I went with the package, and trinket just pocketed. Perhaps to show off to friends.

Many pros and thieves, for them it's adrenaline, excitement. When they were caught, they were told that the sellers - fuckers. By and large, to steal is not a problem. The guards are only at the output and escalators. Cameras? I do not believe that there is someone sitting and watching all 15 screens. For all the stolen items pays the seller, but sometimes the budgeted loss. Its also steal, they can not be calculated. We are always in season loss - is thrown off the whole team. Some more some less - dependent on wages.

Surprisingly, we have been a lot of fashionable women disguised as gypsies age 35. One asks you a stupid question, and the second to monitor the situation, and the third pulls things and leaves. I remember the case: the cashier entered into hypnosis - gypsy gave just 20,000 rubles.

Return

We often buy in order to buy. I would love to banned all refunds. Return marriage - that's fine, but sometimes comes up nonsense: "My boy was like sneakers in your home for two hours, and his legs were sweating, they do not suit us." Sometimes, a man comes to a lady, and he to her as a gift to buy a lot of things on a decent amount. And then she goes and returns the part with cash. Literate men buy a card with some cash she not return.

Conflicts

The manager is always on the client side. Seller no support. You're going to die, and you say - go to work. Therefore, even if you will be sending, you have to smile and nod. But the delay is produced over the years. If a customer problem, you can try to get rid of him: to say that he was busy and asked to go to another dealer. There are customers who are forced to work with them to 7 hours in a row: to measure every thing, pick the cheapest, then asked to offer more and eventually leave empty-handed.

Dismissal

Directorate dismisses usually if someone out there in a bad mood. Therefore, when there is a director need not be in a relaxed position and to be collected, cute smile and twinkle like "I know you." Usually, small things or bad service is not laid off, unless something big happens. Most people retire themselves or because of friction in the team. The larger the team, the fewer problems.

Schedule

The most profitable months - October and April: The weather is changing, people are massively bought after work. The funny thing is that our stores are open 12 hours. Sellers monuments should be placed: one in the world more so not working. The day passed, and you realize that you did not eat and did not go to the toilet. It's not the money that is necessary for the health of their kill. I do not see the point in working from 10:00 to 22:00. In the morning a small stream, and in the evening the people became so excited that he served before midnight or around the clock.

Prices and tips

Tipping give us more often than many people think. It all depends on the mood of the buyer. Grandmothers, is, give a box of chocolates or chocolate. I came as a grandmother shoe Marcel, admired and recognized as the price - 28 000 - poohat, but still asked for a postponement. Then quietly to himself: "Once again the water with the bread is." Foreigners from our ofigevayut prices, but buying often because running models in their size at home is no longer remains.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting