Assembling St. Isaac's Cathedral on the "Model"

Will be 33 photos

A couple of years ago my wife and I have a question: what would such-edakogo put on a shelf to look and beauty?
I remembered that as a young man worked modelism and offered to build some model - aircraft, ships, tanks of some. The wife welcomed the idea, but asked to select the "something more peaceful and aesthetic," and after not very long reflection, we decided on the model of "local attractions" - St. Isaac's Cathedral.

The box with the model lying on a shelf, his wife and child on vacation, shot in the locker and berries in buttocks is available in sufficient quantities - everyone says that you can start.

Let's go!

01. The same box.

02. The sprues with details. While the cathedral - just a set of plastic pieces.

03. Columns in the runner

04. One of the main pillars of the pediments is prepared for installation.

05. Normal to match the scale. It is not yet time to meet

06. North pediment before installing columns. In total there will be four gables

07. North pediment with fake columns (14 pieces). There will be two gables.
On the east and west pediments of eight columns.

08. Pediment on the basis of "dry running", ie without glue. Columns sohnut.Odin of the most important moments of the assembly

09. Collected four gable.
The gables are installed in the ground, while & quot; dry running & quot ;. Columns should be dry and secure for further assembly.

10. Gables pasted on the walls of the building pieces. In this case it was decided to depart from the assembly instructions as gable sits in the slots with a large force. Therefore, in compliance with the instructions, there is a risk to break the column.

11. Fragments of the walls on the ground.

12. The first stage has been completed: fragments of walls are mounted on the base to form a frame of the building.

13. A little closer ...

14. Installed roof. The first tier is ready.

15. One of the columns 24 of the dome.

16. Statue on the railing of the dome (24 pieces). Two species, the assembly through one alternate.

17. Those are the statues from the previous photo. Already all 24

18. Tower assembly. Here, too, I had to withdraw from the instruction.

19. Something vaguely reminds me

21. Elements of the dome and the poppy-head.

22. A second assembly step is completed. Now begins the most "pleasant» ...

23. And this is just one of the "nice" - crosses on the domes and four chapels ...

24. Actually, the chapel themselves ...

25. ... in place. It's almost done, just a little bit left

26. The sculptures installed at the corners of the roof.

27. Assembled! It will be slightly larger.

33. But our handsome on the shelf, then he will now stand and pleasing to the eye.

As a result, the assembly took 10 hours, from 11 am to 9 pm at a cost of 570 rubles.

That's all I wanted to say. You can throw slippers

P.S. Number of pictures in the first post corrected. Sorry.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting