Iran

Women in hijabs, sea food and frantic traffic on the roads - so I remember Iran. For a few days I was plunged into a completely different world - east, as it is.

In Iran, they talk about the development of tourism, but these days I have seen on the street only one European, and even then in a taxi. I have not met a single person with the camera, except for local journalists. Women are turning away from the camera or cover the face with his hands, photographed - not in local traditions.

27 photos via maxik2k.livejournal.com

Iran's approach to the mountains in Mashhad

The hotel soon became clear one interesting feature: the Iranian toilet - it's just a hole in the floor. These toilets have been installed in most of the rooms of our hotel

Iran does not recognize the American products, but by * a-Cola and Fanta are everywhere. In Iran, prohibition, so the first jar on the left - it Beza * ogolnoe beer. However, beer is not really having nothing - the usual lemonade

Imam Reza shrine - the center of tourism and pilgrimage in Iran. Near the entrance to the mausoleum hang signs with slogans «No Photo». And anyway, the man with the camera people are watching the habit. Women on the streets often cover their faces or turn away, avert their eyes towards

Remember the old computer game "Prince of Persia"? That's where these pictures were

On the streets of Mashhad

On the streets of Mashhad

Little girls in hijabs also

Distributed by the myth that in the eastern Islamic countries, women are sitting at home and doing nothing. This is not quite true. Women in Iran are working and drive cars. Here are some photos from the Iranian productions:

Plant for the production of porcelain tableware, work here, both men and women

Furniture industry

The next day we made a flight to Ahvaz, Khuzestan province. Ahvaz is located in the south of Iran, and it was very hot - 45-48 degrees in the shade.

In the morning from the hotel window, I saw that the city fell dusty haze. We were told that the consequences dust storm in Saudi Arabia. Dust and stood for a few days until our departure

In the provinces of Iran are very few new cars. Basically, all the ride of French cars of thirty years ago, as well as other vehicles of unknown origin

Police Ahvaz. The mask protects against dust suspended in the air

Often the roads are such old trucks

Imam Khomeini Port, located on the Persian Gulf

University of Ahvaz, where women braver than in Mashhad

Iranian journalist

In Ahvaz lot of bridges, some of them look very nice at night.

Cable-stayed bridge

Bridge with waterfall

Night embankment

Finally information for travelers: Iran blocked access to all social networks. Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, Vkontakte - nothing works. So if you go to Iran - be prepared to publish information online that will be problematic. Even through proxy servers - they are also locked. East, in a word

hence

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting