Pitching from Kiev win Germany

For the people of Kiev "popular" fitness center in Hydropark - just a bunch of weirdos who practice with scrap metal. For the Germans, this inventiveness has never seen this - a unique cultural phenomenon.

The protagonists of this photo story became a cult trainers in Kiev Hydropark, which local athletes heavyweights own efforts to develop in the 70-ies of the last century. Today, the "shaker" can be found both young people and pensioners who are not afraid nor cold nor hot. A huge park on the banks of the Dnieper River, where there is the best exercise equipment for all muscle groups, made of scrap metal, car parts and wooden planks, is not the only place where you can work out in the fresh air.

"It is unclear at what time interval we are and wonder - all this can exist at the same time, when Ukraine holds a" Euro-2012 "? It looks like a joke. But in fact, what is happening there is very progressive, it is definitely avant-garde. Although it looks old and you can see a lot of elderly people. Free of projects actually lacks the world ", - says Kirill Golovchenko author of the books.
For the Germans, "rocking chair" - a paradise
According to Kirill Golovchenko, the German media are interested in the project Kachalka, because they see it as ideology and symbols, not just an unusual interesting picture. The popular German magazine NEON published in the October issue of the pictures included in the new photobook. "Bodybuilders in the free gym in the open air in Ukraine trained better than the owners of the monthly subscriptions in the German fitness clubs, which pay seventy euros a month, and never do not go there. Sport - is the only sphere of public life, which does not depend on money, origin or social status, "- writes the journalist Jakob Schrenk in a review of the work Holovchenko.
The German edition of GEO published photos that are included in the project Kachalka early in the year. "This photo shows in a modern Ukrainian soul. It should therefore be recorded in the UNESCO heritage list, "- said in a letter published in GEO reader Werner Lippert.

According to the newspaper Spiegel Online, the new photobook Holovchenko is the world's paradise - trainers in the Hydropark. "Weight lifting a jerk and snatch creates a new ambitious portrait of Ukraine.
Photobook snapping
Journalist German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel Jens Myulling summer while traveling on a football championship in Ukraine took a report of anything else, as trainers in Hydropark. "Gyms in Germany is usually very clean and sterile, so when I saw the" rocking "in Kiev, I immediately carried away by the atmosphere in the spirit of the working class and heavy industry. When I started to talk to people who were doing, they told me interesting stories about bodybuilding in Soviet times, and how sports and life in general changed after the collapse of the Union "- says in a conversation with DW Myulling. For him, "duck" from Hydropark steel faces of modern Ukraine.

Posted in [mergetime] 1353399451 [/ mergetime]
while all)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting