Nepal (Kathmandu, Pokhara)

Hello!
I decided to finally lay out a photo report on the trip to Nepal in summer 2008.
There will be somewhere 60 photos
Immediately I must say that for the majority of fans of Nepal summer - the worst possible season. It is hot, rainy and eight thousand, for which in the ground and go, hidden by clouds. Even if the sun in the sky, the mountains, the clouds lie and hide the roof of the world.
But! In summer, there are pluses! Prices are lower at times, can be traded to indecently low prices Summer - main season ripening mango. And indeed, in the monsoon period INDISCO subcontinent see not interfere.

The monsoon period we have experienced already on the approach to the capital - Kathmandu. After the clear blue sky above the clouds of Iran and Pakistan have formed a continuous carpet. Already on the approach seemed to be some clouds form some kind of roller coaster. These slides out of the clouds were the real peaks of the Himalayas!

And before planting literally plunged into the rain, "a cloud»

Kathmandu himself struck his Brownian motion. It's just some kind of conglomerate of noisy beeping machines, motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles, veloriush, people, dogs, cows, and even monkeys. And duhotaaaaaa
But we found a otelchik a quiet location close to the center. From windows and balconies which opens quite a nice picture.

I must say that the average resident of Kathmandu lived relatively well.

before the number of the lamp on the ceiling (obviously there midge fly and motylki) tusyat gecko. Surprisingly, these geckos is, emit squeaks!

The tourist center of the city - Thamel. A kind of Arbat, only very large and hectic. Here you can buy a variety of souvenirs - kukuri and knives and all sorts of handicrafts made of silver and nickel, and even snaryagu for trekking. In short, everything!
Pictured few people because of the relatively early morning. In the evening, the crowd here!

This shop "vegetables and fruits».
Funny look great white cucumbers, yes, it cucumbers, courgettes not

This temple complex with a pond, where the water green and stinks already from afar.

This field parades former royal army.
King toppled, the last Hindu monarchy became a republic. Parades are held, and the field zaraslo grass to the waist.

Yes! By the way, we just arrived then after the presidential elections in Nepal.

One of the main streets of Kathmandu. Movement tight, but there was no traffic jams

Of course, it was necessary to create a cultural program. We decided to visit the world-famous Swayambhunath stupa.
To her it is downright "Potemkin Stairs»!
It is in front of her

Immediately a flock of rhesus monkeys who were peacefully asleep or just sit and "meditated»

And here is the ladder. The steps are different, cool, I did not get enough attention from others. Hug me and sundry. temperature 30 degrees and high humidity.
But the old man in the white so briskly paced that overtook all!

And here is the stupa

Around it is an observation deck, which is seen almost the entire city and the surrounding green mountains, among them - Mountain National Park, Nagarjuna

Visit the stupa and ordinary citizens

and llamas

on the territory of many interesting ancient statues

In the center of one of the square stands a monument to one of the kings

But Putnam was in our small town to the west of 200 km - in Pokhara.
We left early in the morning from Kathmandu. The road faced a big part along the ridge above the river. At first I even photographed passing cars, especially trucks daubed Indian-made Tata. You see, he and BMW, and the king of the road!

I photographed and passing peasants. This logo is also on a shovel "Tata»

And this old man so Bodrenko carried their heavy burden.
I must say that in Nepal, home to many different peoples. In the Kathmandu Valley - basically, Newari. They are usually quite slender and tall.

The pavement of the highway was tolerable. The bus was air-conditioner, and it worked!
But!
Everything was nothing as long as we did not stand in traffic. After 2 hours all Bodrenko gone, but the driver began to catch up with the time and began scorcher on this mountain road.
And Nepalis know Russian obscenities!
I made a couple of shots, but then, is not the highway came out of the gorge (and 400 meters down - stormy mountain river!) My wife and I held each other, mother and laid a brick wall.

Incidentally, in the Kathmandu valley is full of brick plant.

traffic rules are simple - beeping, always and everywhere, especially at the beginning of the movement and turning. passenger car, bus passes, bus - truck. Now it is clear who is on the road they head?

The driver nevertheless Likhachev and overtaking other vehicles on the opposite line on a narrow bridge.
He finally we drove to Pokhara, but clay for bricks was already on the wane.

Pokhara I liked. More quiet, clean, similar to Pitsunda, perhaps.
Otpeli found expensive (again, adjusted for the low season and low prices).
And the scenery there is simply awesome!
Only hot and stuffy. At night, torrential rain for a few hours.

People grow rice and corn, as well as different fruits. However, bananas and papayas grow in the wild almost everywhere.
In the vicinity you can meet, and small herds of buffalo, and single, which often go herons and peck parasites.

Buffalo - cute animal with expressive eyes.
Buffalo, oxen plow, zabiayut meat. Buffalo do not touch, and only milked

But the cow, despite the "holy" is in the status of "animal-bum". Yes, they had not been touched, but no one looks after them. A cow can lie down in the road, wander into someone's land. Some of their rides, someone touches. They look mostly exhausted and skinny.

In Pokhara, some hotels have a funny name for us

Who is this woman and what she is - HZ
You can often see such barber shop before plakatiki
They offer everything from haircuts and shaving the whole body to "massadzhe" and pedikeara and manikeara

strolling through the streets proudly buffaloes, which are an integral part of the cityscape

in our hotel (Fish tail lodge represented paradise

Pokhara town located on the shores of picturesque Lake Phewa, which looks green because of the surrounding green mountains.

in the vicinity there are rivers

and attractions like the World Peace Pagoda, which is visible on the crest of a wooded mountain.
To get to it you can hire a boat and pick up the trail of a slippery curve, leech-infested ground, able to get to you skoz socks.

on the shores of a large colony of herons

at the very shallow shores overgrown with water hyacinth and rice fields

That's the way the lake looks like a sunny day

Nature is very beautiful and diverse. Those guys in the lake to fish in the forest birds of various kinds, even parrots there. Insects a riot. The cicadas screaming day and night.
Moths fly very beautiful!

here such gusenichka I held it in his hands, it is for me to crawl. A pair of hair stuck in his thumb, and then he run up. I had to fill it stupidly brilliant green - and passed.

But the most unpleasant thing - a leech!
Yes, we went to the most leech season, and in the forest they were millions. These creatures are able to get through the clothing fabric, quietly suck, then you will find shoes full of blood.
We met a group of young Korean tourists who cheerfully ran down the trail from the pagoda, slipping and falling on the wet stones, smashing his knees, but still laughing at the same time.
Probably screwed with ragged mountains and for them it was an adventure. After the descent they had searched and found the wound on himself (on lozhyzhkah) shares 6-8 swollen engorged leeches. Yelp was!

Yes, and here is the boatman. Boats have a bright and colorful

And this is a small fruit market. Visible sticks of sugar cane, which is crushed by special machines, and so go straight chew.
Here and amazing taste (well, not as we sell) mangoes, pineapples, papayas. A banana somehow fresh. The fragrance market is worth about mouthwatering!

And in the background of anti-corruption Agitplakat.

The local crow like beak to scratch the skin of buffalo in the search for parasites. Buffaloes are thrilled!

Caught visitors and snake charmers. He took the man, suddenly opened the basket, and then - Spectacled cobra! My wife jumped two meters!

In the midst of Pokhara are some huge Banyan trees that are there certain sacred status, which, however, did not prevent a local roast corn

and here and there across the strange figures on the pillars. We were told that this is a kind of blessing. maybe someone knows more accurate?

In the area of ​​Pokhara and the lives of other nationalities - Gurung.
Gurung will increase in smaller and more stocky. In many women dress in red and blue. Even for the daily work they are trying to dress brightly.
But!
I snapped these peasant women from a distance, but when we caught up with them, the oldest said, "Van handrid rupees»
Yes, a European tourist - a source of rupees and other currencies. Even talking to the local one just like that, we heard: "Sir, Wood w Like the GIV itself of rupees?" That's just like that, for no reason.
But all peaceful and friendly, but sometimes annoying. You often hear in his address: "ver al w Frome? ver w ar Going? Now and th Duingen? »

This is a snapshot of the neighborhoods Sarangkot, near Pokhara. In summer, because of the rains are frequent landslides, the consequences of which can be seen here.
Actually, this time we do not climb high, only to 1500 m, but if you happen again, go and taller.

As I mentioned earlier, in the summer peaks of the Himalayas are usually hidden behind the clouds, and even if sunny, then there are clouds on the mountains. But we were lucky!
Through the clouds one morning snow began to look through the top of

and then completely opened, including this - the famous Machapuchhre or "fish tail" The fact is that from the south, it looks like a shark's tooth, but in the west it is clear that the top of its bifurcated and resembles a fish tail. It falls short of 7 meters to seven kilometers. Though she and below toyzhe Annapurna, which is close to an array, but it is not worse. Yes, it is forbidden to climb whether because of reverence, whether because of the danger.

There are several peaks of Annapurna, which have their own rooms. Here is one of them, if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry, we could not remove the Roerich sunset. Oakzyvaetsya, this picture takes just a couple of minutes. Tops first orange, then pink, then purple, violet

and here is the lake in the late afternoon hours

The sun goes down and the lake becomes more beautiful

flower. Some mimosa. It smells good and looks great flowering bush

dragonfly. bright red!

Yes, from Pokhara, we have not left, but flew on twin-engine airplane. It was better to fly over a half-hour of the mountain road on which we did not go and suffer, laying out the Great Wall of bricks hours 8.

A couple more nights in Kathmandu, Thamel hike on the purpose of buying all sorts of souvenirs and home.
I did not want to fly away.

And at the entrance to the duty free at the airport in Kathmandu were two statues of tigers or lions with pisyun.

And, duty free as the duty free.

I have until everything can, then something else will add.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting