Knife Buck Vanguard Alaskan Guide

Today will show the new acquisition - my saaamy first, and, frankly, uncertain small step into the world of knives in the price category "beyond" 3000 rubles (small step hesitant, because I know myself and the family budget, nevertheless, not the rubber, so you need to carefully). :)

I bought myself still, opener, which had long dreamed of, but choked toad.

I present to you Buck Vanguard Alaskan Guide.

It looks like something that came in the mail. In addition to the box with a knife - the mass of any literature, ranging from directory Cabela's, and ending all irrelevant advertising jewelery (heh, they seem to think that if I bought a relatively expensive knife, then his wife will buy jewelry. And I- that in fact more likely to buy a knife ... :) My wife and unadorned beautiful. :))
7 photos and some text.

Open the box. In addition to the knife in the sheath - the instruction, as well as a card with an explanation of the warranty. The warranty on the knife - for life. In addition - free lifetime sharpening (if there is extra money to send the knife sharpener) :)

Massive, thick leather sheath, 7 mm in thickness, the skin smells very nice. Made sheath, as usual, in Mexico.

Here he is. :) Handle mahogany with brass inserts, the blade is made of steel - S30V. This steel powder, with the addition of graphite, chromium, vanadium and molybdenum. Solid (Rockwell 59.5-61), but at the same time, not fragile.
Who are interested in the process of manufacturing a steel - here's a brief explanation:
www.mirstan.ru/index.php?page=art13

Other side. On the blade is coated Black Widow (Black Widow, I do not know where the name, but in North America there is a poisonous spider of the same name, he is black, too, can there. :)) Coating - diamond, graphite, for protection against corrosion including.
The knife out of the box very sharp. Last sharpening these knives before being sent to the buyer is carried out manually. Shaving can be quite easy (BOAD his wrist without problems) :)

The blade is thick, but the knife in his hand is very nice.

Last! :) All with Friday !!!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting