A very warm story.

Author ©

A very warm story. It warms me all my life. In 1981, when I worked in Afghanistan, I learned about a girl of sixteen, who died in Herat in the battle with the mujahideen. The girl was one of those whom we call the revolutionaries, of those who do not want to live under feudalism. Her name was Fazil. I arrived in Herat, met with her brother, captain of the local division Mukhtar, he tearfully told me a story of a poor Pashtun family.

After that, the "Komsomolskaya Pravda" came my essay "Last fight Fazili." And who knew that this publication will become a link in a chain of extraordinary events that continues to this day.

The editorial board of the distant wilderness Azerbaijan received a letter from the couple Nadir and teachers Gulnaz Zeinal-Zade, who wrote that they had a daughter, and they read the essay, decided to call it Fazil. They asked me to find through the Mukhtar and tell him that his sister was alive, but she now address - a small village in Nagorno-Karabakh.

But it is easy to say - to find the captain in a country at war. After a long ordeal I found Muhtar in the tribal areas, near the town of Gardez, he was a major, many survived the war, and when I showed him the letter from Azerbaijan Mukhtar again could not hold back the tears: because it is struck.

Three years later, he arrived in Moscow, the military academy, for three months. And we went together to the Caucasus. And now I remember - the area called Kubatly and village Karadzhally. Night train from Baku, then a few hours by car on mountain streamers. And there Mukhtar met his sister Fazil. All Azerbaijan learned about this story: newspapers wrote about it, television showed.

I'm in the "Young Guard" published a story about the Afghan Fazil - it then published in several of our republics, was transferred to Afghanistan. The dead in the Fazil years has become a national hero for those Afghans who have believed us. It is named after the prospectus in Herat. About her composing poems and songs. A lively little Fazil, nothing suspecting, grew up in the wilds of Azerbaijan.

Then there was a massacre in Karabakh, teachers and Gulnaz Nadir became refugees, and eventually settled in the Ukraine. But Mukhtar promoted to general, and when the mujahideen took Kabul (1992), he, unlike most of the other party and the military, are not left out of the country, remained.

And I said, in the 92 th, easier (thought forever): "Stay at home, come what may."

He served in prison in the Mujahideen, then again under the Taliban. Now back to the authority, works and lives in the same two-bedroom apartment, even though it has nine children. And on what does not complain. When I go to Kabul, the first thing - to him. Bright, amazingly unselfish people.

A Fazil grown, learned, married to a Turk and now lives in Ankara. Very competent, very purposeful, very beautiful. But the most surprising is the fact that to this day its close ties with the family of Mukhtar: on Skype almost every day she talks to him, and the two sons of Mukhtar, who studied in Turkey, began to call her brothers.

Two days Fazil was in Moscow on a business trip. May 2 we saw. We walked through the spring capital, recalled. Near the Kremlin, I took a picture of it.

And this story began exactly 32 years ago. Now I understand why it is so warms the soul?

Photo: Fazil

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting