The Yamal Peninsula

In autumn 2012, I had the opportunity to go to work in the village Sabetta, which is on the east coast of the Yamal Peninsula, just above the 71st parallel. This is my first trip to that region, respectively, learned from his mistakes) describes the entire route is probably not going directly to the village was getting a helicopter from Novy Urengoy. Three and a half hours on the flight of the Mi-8, a particular pleasure, masochists might like. For more fun tips before departure bang 3 cups of coffee, as I did, I guarantee this flight you will not forget in a long time met at the port of typewriters:

It will be 34 pictures

Trekol-39294 and the Urals. If the Ural can be found on all roads of the country, the TREKOL rare bird. Carries, depending on the type of coverage up to a ton, you can cram into a man 12-15, sitting like 8 pieces vlezut. The driver said that the swamp TREKOL no faster than 10 kilometers per hour is coming, and in the open water, though not sink, but do not swim. More precisely, he is sailing wherever the wind blows (sailing), as well as the tundra wind always blows somewhere none of the locals do not risk using this thing to overcome water obstacles without a very good reason.

Sabetta is now experiencing a rebirth, actively building new residential buildings, cell towers and radio. Near the village is built seaport and airport. Naturally, all this is built on stilts.

In the photo on the right is a new hostel. Left hostel under construction.

Gallery interior decoration hostels I do not have, but inside it's pretty decent. Rooms for 3-4 people, every day cleaning (by the cleaners), common toilets, showers, too. Smoking outside in designated areas, otherwise fine. Alcohol is prohibited. And now, as they say life hacking To solve the problem with booze experienced shift workers from the mainland take with them ... .DROZHZHI! Next to the dining room is bought compote, well, then I think no need to explain.

My job was to make gamma-profiling the port area under construction, respectively, every day (weather permitting), I walked to the port. More often than not get there on the free MTLB, TREKOL, Ural and KamAZ. But sometimes peshochkom walking, there is not more than 5 km.

The port construction was carried out around the clock.

Here in this house sits pipe welders and cooks. Booth puts on top of the crane.

Against the backdrop of tundra posing SRP68-01 my search radiometer.

Since forbidden to prepare their own meals, all eat in the dining room. Building your favorite profile I walked across the tundra 20-25 km every day, ate, too, respectively ... This dinner cost me only 60 rubles That would be home so ...

Generally, the tundra in winter the place is quite melancholic. On the horizon you can see the airport being built.

The view from the helipad.

Sculpt panoramic photo I started from idleness, week waiting helicopter. And Photoshop began to suffer too, for this reason.
It looks like the afternoon in early November.

And so I began the afternoon in two weeks.

The old drilling and cabins near the port.

This view of the old port of the coastal ice

These ruins are here with 90s. At the moment, they are sawn on scrap metal.

Finally, the weather took pity and let flyers waiting to take back home. Thus ended my introduction to the winter the Yamal Peninsula.

In the summer of 2013, I'm flying back to the island, this time through Surgut. In the photo area of ​​Surgut airport.

Opposite the hotel is Flight OH!

At this time I will stay at Cape stone (it is so clearly a man with a sense of humor named), it is located 2 degrees farther south Sabetta, also on the east coast of the peninsula.
From Surgut flying to Cape only An-24.

Under the wing of the forest-tundra landscapes.

By the way, on the Cape "Stone" flying AN-24 only for the reason that there is a sandy runway.

As then told local (co-driver of the Mi-8, which lives here for a long time), the name "stone" came from a mistranslation of the Nenets name of the place. Given that there are stones in the afternoon with fire you will not find, probably because it was.

At Cape YuTeir base is located, and how it seemed to me the general population make pilots and maintenance personnel. In the photo street of the village, too sandy. Time sutok- two o'clock

It so happened that he gave a few days before work was to do absolutely nothing. However, in the village numbering 100 people every newcomer is of interest, so after a while I stomped in the company of new friends at the beach. It is worth to say that the average daily temperature is kept in the area of ​​28, and as the night itself no mean daily fluctuations are only degrees 5. So, it turns out that in the extreme north, the water in the Gulf of Ob quietly warming up to 24! I was mentally not ready for this! And then we got to the beach ...

Turkey is talking about? In the ass Turkey, Egypt and other resorts! Clean sand, every Tagil missing, traders do not get beach, warm clear water that still need to be happy?

Treated to fish.
Incidentally sink his appearance hints at the accommodation, but surrounded by people with whom I happened to meet any inconveniences pale into insignificance. Moreover, it is not Sabetta, there is no prohibition Gradually, I began to forget that I'm here sort of came to work.

But the work is not really a wolf, he did not run away. Well-loads, flying. Below meanders some rivers of the peninsula.

As a result of cryogenic processes such form that's structurally polygonal education

The photo -rekultivatsiya healthy person (from the rig and buildings leaving only concrete cube with a sign)

This reclamation smoker!

During Sabetta flew to refuel. Over the past six months came two more dormitories. Promptly work!

Sabetta located just 2 degrees north of the Cape "stone", but the weather is much cooler here. Not that swim, on the street that do not want to be too much, but have to jump around a helicopter, as the filling with people on board is prohibited.

Far away, in a meadow grazed MI-8.

On the way back, on the hill saw it ... the military, not otherwise.

Back chosen through Yamburg, as on a plane to Sugrut tickets 2 weeks in advance have been redeemed, travel has ended, and the nearest ATM was somewhere beyond 400 km. Trouble! Way more about the people who work there ... (a couple of days ago, I shared their concerns about the lack of flying time with one navigator, which among other things heard the phrase "do not ssy, then in trouble people do not quit." The values ​​of the special I this time did not pay .) So now, knowing the difficult situation in which I found myself, the commander of a MI-8 offered to throw me to the Yamburg, where on earth I can get to Novy Urengoy, where the entire 300 km. The first time I flew a rabbit, even though everyone knew it (except for the head flight course!) From Yamburg per day on the chaise reached Novy Urengoy where the correct situation with money, collapsed without hind legs in a crib.

Posted in [mergetime] 1394457169 [/ mergetime]
And the following morning Boeing 737-800 sped me home.
PS But because of force majeure to Yamburg, now I can not truthfully say:
I saw the mists of Kamchatka, Yamburg and Kayerkan Baikal on my retina, the Urals, and Kazakhstan! © Lapis Troubetzkoy

I finished

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting