Cat and dog to help sick children Portland

Every owner of a pet knows how positive the effect on any member of the family. Therapy with pets for a long time nothing new for doctors, but it is widely used it is in no hurry.

But in children's hospitals in Portland (USA) young patients every day for a few minutes talking with labrador Parker Pyrenean Mastiff Rogan, heavy cat Huck Finn semikilogrammovym and other four-legged healers.

Hospitals participating in a large national study, which aims to prove a weighty polzuanimaterapii (treatment with animals). To work in clinics take well-behaved and vaccinated animals with a stable psyche and calm demeanor. Special organization Pet Partners provides pets proven quality certificate. The three-year Landy Ames pressed to Huck Finn cat in the department of hematology and oncology clinic Doernbecher Children's Hospital. Carol Markt owner of the cat brings heavy Huck on spetstelezhke. Six-year Ruby Reese enjoys cat, her own house has two cats. "He is so soft," - smiling girl.

In 15-year-old Sammy Thorpe diabetes first type. She strokes the dog and tells Parker that she has a dog at home, too, for which she was very bored. "I have long not seen her smile," says her mother.

"When I hear things like that, it makes me understand why we are doing all of this," Parker -rasskazyvaet host Dan Makfarling. Dan Parker usually visit about 20 children a day.

Sofia Cardelli pats Pyrenean Mastiff named Rogan in Randall Children's Hospital. The girl's father, Tom Cardella, says she goes there treatment for viral pneumonia and miss my pets, black labrador. Sofia loves dogs.

8-year-old Joshua Boston delighted with the two horns, which lay down on his bed. The boy home live two large dogs and Rogan reminded him of them.

15-year-old Eddie Sanchez lies with leukemia and is sorry that he could not treat Rogan some delicacy.

Shaggy Chanel attracts attention from an adult rehabilitation center Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon.

Rohan to visit the mistress of seven Jaden Schaeffer, who will have an operation for appendicitis.

Lorena Alvarez and his son Michael met Auden Labrador Clinic St. Vincent Medical Center. "You made it a day now," says the boy's mother mistress Auden - "You raised him up."

Source: goodnewsanimal.ru/news/kot_i_sobaki_pomogajut_bolnym_detjam_portlenda/2014-03-03-3984

Tags

See also

New and interesting