In life and in death (5 photos)

Clara Behrens
Born: December 2, 1920
first portrait made February 6, 2004
died March 3, 2004

Behrens Clara realizes that her life is not much. "Sometimes I still hope to recover," - she says. "But in those moments when it gets really bad, I do not want to continue living. And I just bought a new refrigerator! If I only knew ... »
Today is the last day of February, the sun is shining, the first bluebells bloom in the garden. "I would love to go outside and take a walk along the river Elbe. Sitting on the rocky shore, dropping his feet in the water. We always did when we were kids and went to the river to collect firewood. If I could live my life over again, I would do it differently. But is it possible to get another chance at life, I do not think. In the end, only you believe in what you see. And you see only what is here. I am not afraid of death. I am just one of millions of billions of grains of sand in the desert. But the only thing that scares me - is the process of death. I just do not know what is really going on ».

Maria Hai An Thiet Kao
Born: August 26, 1951
first portrait made December 5, 2003
died Feb. 15, 2004

No doubt the experience of dying Mary Hai An Kao would be completely different if not for the teachings of the Greatest Mistress Ching Hai. Lady says: "All that is out of this world better than our world. It's better than what we can imagine and what is beyond our imagination ».
Frau Cao wears on his chest portrait of Lady. Under her leadership, she was transferred to the other side of life in meditation. Her transition to another world will not make a long wait: her lungs gradually denied. At the same time, she seems relaxed and happy. "Death - nothing," - says Frau Cao. "I embrace death. It is not eternal. Once, when we meet with God, we become perfect. And back to Earth we are called only if we tied a human being in the last moments of our lives. " She is preparing for this moment of every day and aims to achieve a state of detachment in the moment of death.

Edelgard Clive
born June 29, 1936
first portrait made December 5, 2003
died Jan. 4, 2004, in a hospice in Hamburg Helenenstift

Edelgard Clive worked as an administrative assistant in a university psychiatric clinic. She lived alone since the divorce in the early eighties, and has no children. Even as a teenager, she became an active member of the Protestant Church. In recent weeks, it is completely tied to the bed. "Death - is a test of maturity. And everyone goes it alone "- says Frau Clive. "I want to die and become a part of this extraordinary light. But dying - it's hard work. Death manages the entire process, and I can not affect its course. All I can do - is to wait. I was given life, and I had to live it, and now I give it back. I have always worked hard, following the path of a nun: poverty, chastity, and humility. Now I can not benefit society, and it causes me great pain. I do not want to burden society, to be a living corpse, a burden. I want to go, it is best to immediately. You must always be ready, as the Boy Scouts ».

Wolfgang Kottsen
born January 19, 1947
first portrait made by January 15, 2004
died Feb. 4, 2004

Bedside table decorated with colorful tulips. Sister has prepared a tray with champagne and cake. Today Wolfgang Kotze birthday. "I fulfilled 57. I never thought that grow old, or that I would die young. But death can come at any time ».
Six months ago, accountant, leading a solitary life, he was shocked to put the diagnosis: an inoperable bronchial carcinoma. "For me, this news was a shock. I never thought about her death, I always thought only of life, "shares Mr. Kottsen. "And I'm surprised that I put up with it relatively easily. Now I lie here and get ready to die. But I enjoy every day that I have a feeling the fullness of life. I've never paid attention to the clouds. Now I see everything in a different light: every cloud outside the window, every flower in a vase on the table. Suddenly, everything is meaningful ».

Heiner Schmitz
born November 26, 1951
first portrait made November 19, 2003
died December 14, 2003

Heiner Schmitz saw the affected part of the brain scan. He immediately realized that he had little time left. Schmitz loves to talk, clearly expresses his thoughts, he is witty and insightful people. He works in advertising. Friends Heiner do not want him to be sad, and try to distract him. The hospice they watch football in the same way as they did before. Beer, cigarettes, parties in the House. The girls from the agency bring him flowers. Many of them come together, because I do not want to be alone with him. What to say to those who are sentenced to death? Some of them wish him goodbye recovery. "I hope you soon again'll be fine, my friend!»
"Nobody asks me how I feel," admits Heiner Schmitz. "Because they're scared to death. It saddens me that all avoid the subject, preferring to talk about any other things. Do not they understand? I'm going to die soon! That's all I can think about, every second, when I am alone ».

ruguru

Tags

See also

New and interesting