Villagers DPRK

What is hidden from Western tourists. It is obvious that in the capital Pyongyang, painted and pomaded shy countryside of North Korea.

The village, of course, if it is not exemplary perfect can not be the default, which means that the guides will do everything possible so that you have not seen it.
Frankly, a village in the North Korean hinterland look quite good. Without European chic, but certainly no worse than ours, and much better than in many Asian countries.
Along the way there are even impromptu street markets. All serious.

Highway ground, dead, repaired on their own.

Public transport - by truck.

Despite the fact that this outback, machines with wood prkaticheski not. Yes, and that the only one that I met along the way was broken.

On bicycles. This type of transport in North Korea is the most popular.

By rail. Also on foot.

Most road cartage.

Between settlements move on foot.

Farmers working in pole.Idut there even with small children.

Houses stand behind high fences or concrete derevyannmi - from the street will not see what is happening inside. Everyday life in the narrow streets between the fences.

Before entering into a more or less large settlements - CAT.

The houses are the same, apparently built to the standard project. Dry vegetables on the roof - a local tradition.

In the text I purposely avoided comparisons, conclusions and generalizations, limited to fixing the banal reality. I leave it all to you.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting