Vietnam in 1915 (19 photos)

Today, many have already discovered Vietnam as a new tourist destination, although for most of the country remains almost unknown. I happened to drive almost the whole of Vietnam from end to end (two and a half thousand. Km.), To see many of his city. Most struck by a sense of 'puff pie "of different cultures and civilizations - ancient Khmer and vetskoy, Chinese, French and Soviet. Red banners and old Soviet trucks, Catholic cathedrals and "French" local wines, almost Chinese, ancient Khmer monuments, brand new hotels and office buildings - all this intricately combined to form a unique flavor of this country.

I propose to look at color photographs Vietnam looked like 100 years ago, a few decades after the French conquest. The photos were taken by autochromes, photographers from the group of Albert Kahn in the early 20th century, decided to capture the world in color. Quality, of course, not like Prokudin-Gorsky, grain. I still had over a busy pokoldovat paints, tone correction, remove some defects. But this is a technical issue, the main thing - color photography, giving the feeling of traveling back in time!

1. opium smoker in Hanoi, 1915

2. opium in Hanoi.

3. Street in Hanoi, 1914-1915, the

4. Another street in Hanoi, 1915

5. In the shopping district of Hanoi.

6. Boats in Hanoi.

7. China is a cottage in Hanoi.

8. Paul Doumer Bridge in Hanoi.

9. View of the bridge from a distance.

10. Mandarin (Chinese?) Near Hanoi: military chief, the provincial governor and the prefect.

11. Pier in Haiphong.

12. The view of Halong Bay - one of the most beautiful places in the world.

13. bizarre rocks of Halong Bay.

14. The Governor of Tonkin with the family.

15. Street vendors in Tonkin.

16. Country market in Tonkin.

17. The priestess of the cult of the Three Worlds.

18. On-Region Cham.

19. The head of the canton and municipal officials.

Tags

See also

New and interesting