How are modern witches (8 photos)

Poland is considered to be a Catholic country. More than 90% of the population adheres to the Catholic faith. Once Christianity was imposed by force of local peoples. Today in Poland destroyed almost all traces of pagan beliefs, including shamanic practices and witchcraft traditions.

However, realizing the ease, Polish photographer Katarzyna Lighthouse (Katarzyna Majak) decided to dedicate my new photo project Polish witches, sorceress, witches, duhoviditsam, as well as to representatives of other non-traditional religious and medical practices .

Says Katarzyna Lighthouse: "Today in Poland only on the border with Belarus has survived several healers -" whisperers "who mix religion with modern primitive superstition, healing with spells and prayers. There are those who are trying to revive sunk into the past traditions. They study the grass and old recipes. Some say that the ancient practice preserved in their subconscious. They go abroad in North America, Peru, New Zealand, to get new secret knowledge. They mix the local traditions, rituals Slavs with exotic practices. Working on the project, I made a fascinating journey, I learned about a wide choice of spiritual paths existing in monoreligioznom Polish society who have chosen women represented in my project ».

I present some of the work Katarzyna Lighthouse

Bea, listen to one of the Forests.

Henin, a follower of Wicca.

Mary, healer and seer.

March technique uses Reiki ("healing through the laying on of hands»).

Justina, adheres to the faith of Maori (New Zealand), belief in the existence of forces that are endowed with all the subjects and objects of faith in the possibility of healing with the help of these forces.

Julia, the independent witch.

Natalia Nyah, believe in the mystical power of menstrual blood.

Tags

See also

New and interesting