Here I write mostly about London, where I live, but it is very much important for the whole of Great Britain and England in particular.
1. In England, traditionally distributed separate taps for hot and cold water. It's not very comfortable, but why it is so accepted - I do not know.
2. The majority of Britons consider themselves British, while the Scots - only the Scots and the Irish - Irish only.
3. Accents, depending on the part of Great Britain, and even part of the city (London, for example) vary considerably. Sometimes also by the degree of class privilege.
4. The British wildly cold-resistant people, the children go to school in short pants and skirts with a golf up to the cold, so to see a man in a vest in November - a normal phenomenon.
5. They really love pubs. Every Friday you will find a huge crowd, drinking beer and traditional ales in the pub, and the people will stand even outside in the cold, if they do not have enough space.
6. In London, all very close and compact, mostly small apartments, as well as cafes and restaurants.
7. Because of this compact to you at the table can plant someone if you sit at a table for four, and you have only two.
8. Sometimes it seems that the British love the crowd. In the pubs is so many people that created vpechatlenieo that can "stand" with only podsognutymi feet. In this case, it does not stop new visitors.
9. Even if your English is very average, you say what you say is good. In the case of objections to add that their Russian anyway worse.
10. In local supermarkets just darkness ready meals for every taste, which should be consumed within a few days after purchase. You can find Chinese and Indian and English and the devil knows what else the kitchen.
11. Taxi unbelievable expensive, but it can be stopped absolutely everywhere and at any time. For example, from the airport to the center in less than 2500-3000 rubles do not get there, although it is just outside the city, but not in the near "zamkade».
12. In London, an incredibly huge and developed underground, he comes to every corner of the city, including the airport, and incredibly integrated with the stations.
13. The fare depends on what in some of the "zone" of the city you are traveling. Center - Zone 1, a total of 6, if my memory serves me. Rates vary greatly depending on the distance.
14. The minimum fare on the subway - something around 150 rubles that a lot.
15. Throughout the city you can find stations with bicycles. Using a credit card, they can be hired for a specified period. On the day costs about 70 rubles and is wildly convenient.
16. Many like him and call him a really courageous and harsh policies.
17. When you tell the truth about the Russian Federation, many sincerely empathize and wonder how we live there.
18. In contrast to Moscow, in London a little sushi bar, but overall kitchen diverse. A lot of Indian restaurants.
19. The total number of restaurants is huge.
20. Absolutely in any area you can find the laundry, wash house as shirts and T-shirts generally not accepted.
21. Many of the British in the role nurses perform baliyki, secretly and Filipina. Sometimes they barely speak in English, and understand how their children - a mystery to me until now.
22. If we talk about politics, many would agree that Western democracy - shit, like politics in general.
23. If you said you were from Russia, the first question you will be asked of you in Moscow or not.
24. Even in the city center you can find stalls and tiny shops selling Pakistanis and Indians left different branded clothes.
25. Every weekend morning on many squares and public gardens are formed fairs and farmer's home cooking, after 13.00 of the afternoon with fire you will not find.
26. By the way, no one will understand the time 15.00, only 3 pm. Our system is only used to indicate the direction of the army, such as "the enemy at 16.00».
27. Many Englishmen are proud of their army and the fact that there are nuclear weapons.
28. Almost always when you make a service account replenishment, and so on. D. Talking with the phone robot.
29. Many Englishmen were in Paris only once or not at all visited, although by train from central London to central Paris journey takes only 2 hours.
30. The crowd at the pub is always very noisy, how people distinguish what anybody says, I do not know.
31. Almost all of the pubs eating only traditional dishes: potatoes with fish, mashed potatoes with sausages and burgers at best.
32. Meet the man in broad daylight in a tuxedo (dinner suit in English, suit for dinner) - absolutely fine.
33. In the center there is no shopping and entertainment center in our understanding. This is a purely American theme, everything is segmented.
34. Without a bank card to make much impossible.
35. When you tell about our policy, many are surprised by how much we know about it. British rather little interest in such things.
36. Almost any Londoner house is not less than 400 channels in HD with the features include subtitles, rewinding and recording gear.
37. There are no Cinemas, which is everything. Typically, each shows only certain films.
38. In the London Underground is a special place for musicians, and they may very well earn.
39. In addition to giants such as McDonald's, Burger King and KFC, in the UK are very common local network with different types of sandwiches and other products, mainly not heated. According to my observations, they are even more, but other than Subway in Russia no one.
40. The British apologize for any reason, even if nothing serious had done. For example, if a person stands before leaving the store and noticed your momentary confusion about it - he apologized.
41. Home can be ordered almost everything: food, alcohol, and even a hookah.
42. Cashiers can tell you so much about 4-7 times during a single purchase.
43. If you hear playing English classics such as The Beatles, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin, you will soon grow into their eyes and go to the next level of communication.
44. Sometimes on the streets can be found just a huge aunts. Frankly, I'm afraid of.
45. English humor and really quite svoebrazny.
46. Local laws require pubs to clean the surrounding area on the street cleaners always avoid them.
47. Log in almost all the major museums in the country is absolutely free. You decide how many are willing to donate to the museum.
48. I've never seen homeless animals. It is unlikely that they are euthanized rather contain special nurseries.
49. None of the grocery store does not work after 21-22 pm.
50. Many customs and different signs in different parts of the United Kingdom (Great Britain, Scotland, Ireland and Wales).
51. Almost any product from the supermarket and fast food is a great inscription - grown in the UK.
52. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
53. You can find a club for every taste. There are those, where it plays a very tough electronic music, while there will be two or three rooms with different directions. People so much that sometimes get really difficult.
54. subway passengers are always left to read the newspaper. Newcomers take them and also read. Thus, the newspaper of the day, I was not one owner.
55. Hookah's not very popular. You can find a few institutions concentrated in the Arab quarter. In this case, hookah smoking is also prohibited on the premises, but there are heaters on the street, and people smoking all year round. If you want, you can find a place where to do inside, but warned that will be taken if the cops come.
56. In contrast to many other Europeans, the British gladly go to visit. Although to have invited you should take some time.
57. Instead of mania on the iPhone as we do, then almost all BlackBerry. Through its service data in encrypted form (BBM) coordinated many riots this summer. After that, the state required to provide access to this information.
58. Estate agents always want to deceive you, using your ignorance of local laws.
59. If something significant order home (furniture, carpet, appliances), it's just hell. In new houses all takes concierge. But if not, then never tell the exact time of delivery. Usually something like 2 to 9 pm. Call for 30 minutes, so very far from home do not go out.
60. Because of this delivery system all the neighbors 'fear' of each other and take the goods for you if they are at home.
61. The average annual rainfall is 584 mm, which is less than in Rome or Sydney. So timeless London rain - a myth.
62. Almost everyone has an umbrella, because rain can start quite suddenly. But usually it is short-lived and quickly fizzles.
63. It is common money in the form of coins. The biggest advantage of a 2-pound corresponds to 100 rubles from us.
64. Ordinary police do not carry firearms.
65. On the street you can find the breed seems to be all the dogs in the world. Some just crazy about dogs.
66. Taxi drivers are very talkative. If you maintain a conversation with them and be polite, you can even get invited along for a drink in the pub.
67. Builders - almost all immigrants from Eastern Europe, one can often hear Russian speech.
68. Sometimes you can find old women and Dedkov 70-80 years who dress in the fashion of 40-50s and look very conservative, but they have some charm and dignity.
69. You can also find an old man of 70 years in front of the royal military form or in the Navy. To such people in society adopted treated with special respect.
70. People are very touchy. If you accidentally touched someone and do not apologize, you say that you are badly educated and reminded about the need to say sorry in such cases.
71. In general, the products are very fresh and varied. Except sour cream, black bread, sausages and doctoral yogurt can find everything.
72. If so, you really missed the homeland, then you will find shops with Russian food and Russian restaurants. Usually they keep people from Russia and CIS countries.
73. London - City queues. Then turn to Starbucks, McDonalds, Apple Store, and even in restaurants. When released iPhone 4S, people came to the tents to the store at 5 am to take place. This is normal.
74. Every taxi driver takes a very tough exam on knowledge of the city, where foreigners do not take the job. My street 200 meters long, but there was not a single case that did not know where she is.
75. Normally, the British finish their undergraduate analogue and not go to the magistracy.
76. They also do not have the master's degree, and there's only doctoral (PHD). If you have it, you are just for them to dizzying heights.
77. In the tourist area of Soho, you can feel the smell of marijuana on every corner and nobody cares. In the worst case, you face a fine.
78. At the outlets almost always there is a button switch, so you should never pull anything out of the socket.
79. Before entering the subway always handing out free newspapers.
80. In general, this is a very carefully thought-through country, everyone who thinks to move here, I can wholeheartedly recommend!