9 very short and touching stories

1. Alan E. Meyer. "Bad luck»

I was awakened by severe pain throughout the body. I opened my eyes and saw a nurse standing by my bed.
 - Mr Fujimiya, - she said - You're lucky you survived after the bombings of Hiroshima two days ago. But now you're in the hospital, you do not in danger.
Just live with weakness, I asked:
 - Where am I?
 - In Nagasaki, - she said.

2. Larissa Kirkland. "The Proposal»

Starry Night. The right time. Romantic dinner. The cozy Italian restaurant. Little black dress. Luxury hair, bright eyes, silvery laughter. However, for two years. Wonderful time! True love, best friend, no one else. Champagne! I offer a hand and heart. On one knee. People look? Well, let! The perfect diamond ring. The blush on the cheeks, charming smile.
As there is no ?!

3. Charles Enright. "Ghost»

As soon as it happened, I rushed home to tell his wife the sad news. But it seems to me absolutely not listening. She did not notice me. She looked right through me, and poured himself a drink. Turn on the TV.
At this point, the phone rang. She walked over and picked up the phone.
I saw her face wrinkled. She wept bitterly.

4. Andrew E. Hunt. «Thanks»

Blanket that it recently gave to a charity, comfortably embraced his shoulders, and shoes, which he now found in a garbage can, absolutely shook.
Street lights warmed the soul so nice after all this darkness a cooling ...
Bending bench in the park seemed so familiar to his work-worn old back.
"Thank you, Lord, - he thought - life is just adorable!»

5. Brian Newell. "What does the devil»

Two boys stood and watched as Satan slowly walks away. Shine his hypnotic eyes still fogs their heads.
 - Look what he wanted from you?
 - My soul. And from you?
 - Coin to a payphone. He immediately had to call.
 - Do you want to go eat?
 - I want to, but now I have no money.
 - Nothing wrong. I have a lot.

6. Jane Orvis. "Window»

Since then, as Rita brutally murdered, Carter is sitting at the window.
There was no TV, reading and correspondence. His life - that can be seen through the curtains.
He does not care who brings food, pays the bills, he does not leave the room.
His life - running through athletes, the change of seasons, the cars, the specter of Rita.
Carter does not understand that in the padded cell has no windows.

7. Jay Reap. "Fate»

There was only one way out, because our lives are intertwined in a very tangled knot of anger and bliss to solve it as something else. Entrust lot eagle - and we get married, tails - and we must part forever.
Coin was planted. She rattled, spun and stopped. Eagle.
We stared at her in bewilderment.
Then, with one voice, we said, "Maybe one more time?»

8. Robert Tompkins. "In Search of Truth»

Finally, in this dull, secluded village of his search is over. The ramshackle hut by the fire sat truth.
He had never seen a more old and ugly woman.
 - You - Really?
Old, wrinkled hag nodded solemnly.
 - Tell me what I have to tell the world? What message to convey?
The old woman spat into the fire and said:
 - Tell them that I am young and beautiful!

9. August Salemi. "Modern medicine»

Dazzling headlights, deafening rattle, stabbing pain, the absolute pain, then warm, inviting, clean blue light. John felt wonderfully happy, young, free, he moved toward the glowing radiance.
Pain and darkness slowly returned. John slowly, barely opened his eyes swollen. Bandages, some tubes gypsum. Both legs gone. Wife wept.
 - I saved you, dear!

Tags

See also

New and interesting