5 Business Lessons from The Wolf of Wall Street

"The Wolf of Wall Street" - is not only a new film with DiCaprio, is a real person, prodazhnik to the bone, which managed to create one of the largest brokerage firms in New York - Stratton Oakmont. And let the name of Jordan Belfort (namely his biography and the film is based) are related scandals, yet he certainly has a lot to learn. So, today I present to you 5 business lessons from The Wolf of Wall Street.

1. Never take "no" for an answer

Who once dabbled in cold sales, he knows how often on the other end heard the word "no." Essentially, you are trying to sell a man what he is absolutely not necessary. But Belfort sold. And he did it brilliantly. And one part of his recipe for success - he never took 'no' for an answer. He persisted and continued to sell. And it has trained his team. It teaches and now in the training session.

"Do not hang up until the customer buys the shares, or die in hell" Jordan Belfort

2. Program yourself for success

Belofrt always wanted to become a millionaire. And he understood that in order to become a millionaire, you have to think as if you already have that million. You should not just believe that we will achieve success, you must behave as successful initially - from appearance to lifestyle.

"I believe in full immersion. If you want to be rich, you have to program your mind for wealth. You have to get rid of thoughts that led you to poverty, and replace them with new thoughts - thoughts of wealth "Jordan Belfort

3. Sell the benefits

Who needs action? Some papers, no more. Who wants to buy a piece of paper at that price? Belfort is understood and not sell the shares. He never started a conversation with the words "buy shares". He sold benefits. He sold a three-story house in the country. He sold annual vacation in Hawaii. He was selling luxury cars. But no action.

4. Encourage corporate culture

In the movie, customs and traditions of Stratton Oakmont shown in some detail. Bigots will be shocked by the rituals that are performed after a successful IPO or jumps in sales. Of course, I do not propose to implement all this nonsense drug in the company - but crazy traditions are important. Good work - good rest, do not you?

5. Charge your employees to succeed

Motivational speech Jordan that he spoke to employees at important moments - by DiCaprio they are beautiful, but I'm sure that the original came out even better. In some places it was like preaching to the beating in religious ecstasy crowd. Jordan - a true charismatic leader. It is open to the employees, he charges them with his energy, he programs them to success.

Tags

See also

New and interesting