Murmansk in the new, 2014.

I have long wanted to visit Murmansk and finally managed to go to the Christmas holidays. Unfortunately only two days, but that was enough to get a lot of positive emotions. Overall impression of the city is good. There are some minor drawbacks, but they are inherent in any city :) Just arrived. Time somewhere 6am. Immediately went to the left of the station and met the first sight of the city. This hotel Arctic (the tallest building in the Arctic Circle)

In the city center

Of course one can not ignore the government building

The station building

Come on. Very surprising (at least me) a big height difference and the presence of the hills on the other side of the bay. Everything looks very cool and covered with snow :)

As long kept hoping that these houses are enormous, but it is due to the fact that they are at a high altitude.
Bottom, they look like the walls of the fortress.

Probably one of the main attractions of the city - "Alyosha." Monument to Russian soldiers, mounted on one of the highest hills of the Kola Bay. It is dedicated to the soldiers who fought for their country during the Great Patriotic War on land and at sea. (Time somewhere 12:30)

A little before reaching the monument, view of the city.

View from the very height. Downstairs w / d, left visible hotel.

In one of the apartments of the house, we had to spend the night :)
(Time 14:00)

Once we were settled, dropped some of the things we decided to go back to "Alesha". (Time somewhere 15:30 - 16:00).

In the dark, still something seen :)

Passed one of the courtyards. I do not know if so many, but the presence of the rock is unusual for me))

Church of the Savior on the waters. Street Chelyuskintsev

January 4 morning, somewhere 11:30

Was slightly lighter

Under the new bridge.

Monument to the sailors who died in peacetime (We nearly lost sight of him, except for one girl who opened our eyes :) she lives in Murmansk).
Visited him twice. And it was dark and light)

And finally - a familiar form :)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting