Grotto Caves

And somewhere far away and the Alps, at an altitude of more than 2 and a half thousand meters, has certainly developed sketches and began to pour snow and dig in it a cave for the new snow grotto, to add a little variety to the monotonous everyday skiers ...
Ladies and Gentlemen! To begin, let to invite you for a walk in the icy world of Cyclops, philosophers and beautiful goddess ... In a snowy world of ancient Greece! And do not forget warm clothes and hot drinks intoxicating ... It will be very cold!

The snowy peaks of Col de la Chal French Alpine ski area Les Arcs, is arranged every year, the so-called snow grotto.

Maaaalenky, nondescript entrance resembling snowbound house ...

2 euro entrance fee, downhill ....

And a long corridor whose walls are decorated with carved figures of snow thickness!

Every year, almost all the snow melts in the summer ... And every year the snow redo, and re-dig the cave in it, and re-populate its bizarre inhabitants ... every year - a new theme!

What is the theme organizers chose this year ??? I do not know ...

A couple of years ago when we first discovered the cave - it was the leitmotif of the art of Mayan ...

And last year, as you may have guessed, the theme was Ancient Greece ... its myths and legends ...

… and not only! Here Aristotle ...

Well, just a lot of free variations on the same topic!

Sometimes there are also ice sculptures and ... But they are in the minority ... (For the ice to travel on top of the other in the neighboring resort!)

By itself, the corridor is quite low ... I almost did not touch his head the ceiling, and my husband a little more than a long and had to bend down at all ...

Along the corridor are spread special rubber mats, for the convenience of visitors ... after all, many of the guests come here in the hard ski boots. And this is a very specific and not too comfortable shoes!

And this whole array of white, of course, painted color light!

Snow figures to touch ... But sometimes you can not, simply can not resist !!!

These caves, snow and ice, in fact, not uncommon in the Alpine ski resort ... and it's really charming cherry on the cake of the ski trails and weave endless slopes ... if not the determining factor in choosing a resort!

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting