Photo "Nirvana"

This photo of a new book about the famous group, which talks about like Nirvana almost collapsed in Rome shortly before the turning point in their career. In the new book «Experiencing Nirvana: Grunge in Europe, 1989" presents photographs co-founder of Sub Pop Records Bruce Pavitt made during the eight-day tour with the band. The book has great pictures Nirvana on stage just a month after the release of their debut album Bleach, two years before the band entered the history of rock with their album Nevermind.
"Once I was looking pictures with his friend and wanted to share them with the public" .- says Pavitt. "And the more I looked at them, the more I realized that this is not just some pictures. Behind them lies an impressive history and history. This is the story of a young, rebellious artist who is outside the system, struggling with difficulties and finally succeeded in his case. ».
Photo: Kurt Cobain in the Piper Club, Rome, 1989

On tour in Europe until the first show in Seattle it was then as the moon. Pavitt and his colleague Jonathan Pounmen were the only visitors to the show. "They did not have a single audience, the material has been very weak, but Cobain was a terrific voice," -vspominaet Pavitt. "I could see the growth of the group, every month they became better. "

"Nirvana learned a lot from Mudhoney, which was the most popular band of the time in Seattle. They were her opening act during a tour in Europe. Mudhoney was very expressive group, their work was greatly influenced by Iggy Pop and The Stooges », says Pavitt.
Photo: Kurt Cobain and Jonathan Pounmen

"When I first saw Nirvana on stage, Krist and Kurt constantly looked down at his feet, no expression was in sight. But after 2-3 months after their first gig I went to their concert at Vogue in London, when Kurt rushed off the stage into the crowd of people and the crowd caught him. Typically, Mark Arm of Mudhoney perform such tricks ».
Krist Novoselic, Kurt Cobain and Ted Doyle in Zurich. November 30, 1989

In the center of the book, the story of how a group of nearly collapsed just a few days before the concert in London, played a significant role in their career. "When the group disbanded, Cobain just a couple of days before the show LameFest in London, we did everything possible to prevent this. "
Photo: Mark Arm of Mudhoney during LameFest / December 3, 1989.

Bruce Pavitt looks at Christa Novoselic about to break a guitar

Mark Arm in the London club Astoria, December 3, 1989

Ted Doyle in Astoria. December 3, 1989

The crowd at the English club at their concert

Kurt Cobain autographs at Rough Trade Records in London. December 4, 1989

"Kurt was nervous exhaustion after a month he traveled in a van across Europe. He needed a vacation, so we left him in Rome, where he could recuperate. I think this is the break allowed him to return with even greater vigor. He broke his guitar during a show in Rome, a microphone and a sound system. He had a real nervous breakdown, but after we gave him a new guitar, he returned to life ».

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img12--

Source: www.buzzfeed.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting