One man became a publicly insulting Omar Khayyam:
- You're an atheist! You're drunk! Almost a thief!
In response to this Khayyam just smiled.
Watched this scene dressed in the latest fashion dandy silk trousers asked Khayyam:
- How can you tolerate such abuses? Do not you hurt?
Omar Khayyam smiled again. And he said:
- Come with me.
Dandy followed him into the dusty closet. Khayyam lit kindling and began to rummage in the trunk, which found a completely worthless leaky bathrobe. Threw his dandy and said:
- Example, this is for you to match.
Dandy caught robe, looked at him, and was troubled:
- Why do I need these dirty rags? I'm, like, decently dressed, but you must be crazy! - Bathrobe and threw back.
- You see, - said Khayyam - you did not want to try rags. Similarly, I did not try those dirty words I threw the man.
Offended by insults - try rags that we throw.