Rice terraces

From the author BRAVEBEAVER:
My wife Alina, really wanted to see the real rice terraces during this trip, so let her in person to share our experiences.

Longshen - our next point, famous for some of the world's most beautiful rice terraces. Concedes they may only terraces in Yunnan, but we are not suitable for several reasons. Firstly, by May in Yunnan, Guangxi is located much further south, rice is already fully rises (the best time to visit these terraces - February) and then lost the effect of "glass field," because of which all go and enjoy the terraces. Secondly, Yunnan due decent distance in the route laid flatly refused. Third, if we still went to Yunnan, the route we would be very different, as we have rushed for Yunnan and Sichuan instead of Zhangjiajie and Guilin. Alex, as a man is much more sensible and practical than I am a firm hand threw Yunnan, what my hand did not rise. In return, I received a promise sure to visit their next visit to China. Well, I was not left with nothing and Longshenem.

When the guides talk about Longshene as a place where people come to enjoy the terraces, have a view of three relatively different places: he Longshen and two villages nearby - Pinhão and dazha. Village located a few kilometers from each other, Longshen same - in about 1-1, 5 hours away from them.
All reports recommended to go to dazha as terraces there ostensibly beautiful, but it is, as mentioned, is less accessible. In Longshene experts do not recommend to stay because of the whole complex of "Dragon Ridge" it is the least interesting. In terms of accessibility Dazhaya - anything like that, it is less available for exactly the extra 20 minutes on the bus. The main thing is not to mix buses and take the one that goes to Pingyao. But if the stock hieroglyphic problems, I think, I will not be. In addition, there are a lot of foreigners, so that there is someone to ask.
Regarding the choice of the terraces in the sense of beauty, here we could only rely on the opinion of those who have been there. So the choice fell on dazha.

One important point, which I have never found in the preparation - the planting of rice, when the fields are "glass." For Longshenya is April - May. Prior to this field are naked after - rice rises, fields beautiful, but the effect is not the same. So with time travel, we guessed.

But before the "Dragon Ridge" we still had to get to. From Zhangjiajie we had three options for relocation:
Because there are daily bus Fenhuana increased comfort, and if you build the route correctly, you can get even with the facilities. But crossing takes a whole day and two-week trip to a foreign country is a pity to lose the day. Furthermore, you arrive at Guilin rather than Longshen path which takes it to about 2 hours, until Dazhaya another hour. Arriving in dazha late at night is not recommended strongly as to any hotel there will have to rise, and in the darkness it is not only difficult, but also dangerous.
Zhangjiajie get from the train to Guilin with change in Liuzhou. This embodiment was rejected by us for the same reasons as the first. In addition, as described in the reports, the train to Liuzhou often late, so this move could drag on indefinitely.
Riding on the evening train from Zhangjiajie to Sanjiang (Sanjiang). This option is also not super, but allows access to Dazhaya 11-12 o'clock the next morning, and sometimes even before, so do not have to save the day. The only negative - the train arrives in Sanjiang at 2am, so you need to decide something overnight. We have chosen this option, nothing has been decided overnight. Not that we did not try, but no agoda, no booking not offered any credible options. But it formed itself.

Arriving in Sanjiang, we went to the platform, where we saw one small cafe, with owners who agreed to have dinner and overnight at a reasonable cost. Of course, it's not five star, but it's still better than sitting on the platform at night, and adventure to the same.
In the morning, about 8, for an additional fee is quite reasonable hosts took us to the bus station, where we went to Longshen, and already there - in dazha. Around the middle of the way from Longshenya Dazhaya to the bus stops, the conductor comes and sells tickets to the park.
At about 12, we were in dazha. At the bus stop crowding a pile of hoteliers. In any case, I advise you to use their services. The hotel where you can rent at very reasonable prices. Just try to choose a hotel on top, there is a cable car which, since the other view points is not so interesting, but are below. Near the cable car to view the best, the one that is represented in all avenues. Near the cable car station, there are two or three hotels. We lived in that above all. Very nice place, very nice hostess, which perfectly prepares. If you plan to stay in dazha overnight, it is from this point the easiest to get to the observation deck at dawn, when the photo does best.
To get to the top in two ways: by cable car or on foot, along with the owner of the hotel, if you agree with him at the bottom. When we arrived, cableway reason was. We felt that it did not work, and went on foot. The young charming girl, the daughter of the mistress of the hotel, took us to spend, saying that the road to top 15 minutes. Apparently, measure the distance in minutes - national peculiarity of the Chinese. Therefore, I advise immediately to clarify, on what form of transport in question. In this case, most likely, it was a plane. It took an hour.
It's good that we have been warned in advance not to take bags on wheels, and walked with backpacks. But Hao, to travel with a small suitcase with wheels, strongly inherited. We warned him, but he did not listen, and here, as in the case of leather shoes and white socks. The fact that the path consists entirely of steps, but because the owners of the bags are doomed to experience the torments of hell, getting up and heaved a bag on his back. We walked a little ahead, and Hao and a girl - a little behind. Behind him, we heard oohs and aahs Hao cursed fate and at the same time we, dragged him into this wilderness.
When we walked about two thirds of the way, cableway earned. Doplelis somehow to the hotel and finally ate. I must say that there really prepare tasty, even coffee, although cheap and tasteless, but found. English menu. I especially recommend the fried green peppers with spices - Yum!
Rooms we had to wait somewhere else for about 20 minutes, and after you check, I immediately fell to sleep. On any terrace did not want to go. Hao followed my example, and Alex went to the top of the hill to photograph. There have already gathered a crowd of photographers with doroguschy technicians who giggled in his sleeve, looking at such Leimer. Generally Longshen - truly an oasis for the keen photographer, ordinary tourists do not go there much.
In the evening, the first time we allowed ourselves for the whole journey alcohol. Although alcohol even call it a language somehow does not turn. This berry, very light rice wine, which tastes like something between a juice and champagne. We tried several varieties, but most of all I liked the fact that the Chinese made of strawberries. To taste it is really reminiscent of strawberries, but in appearance - not a bit like: round, pupyrchatoy and bone inside. Sell ​​it for a penny across China. In general, berries, wine and highly recommend.

I sleep off at 5 am we were already on duty, ie on terraces on top of the hill. Beauty was just indescribable. Dawn, the sky is clear and light haze over the village below. Plenty enough, we went for a walk on the terraces by the other viewing platforms. Of course, themselves. Hao, of course, refused to go with us.

We are quite pleased to have walked on the terraces, visited other sites (and once again made sure that the hotel did not lose), but in the end lost. The fact is that we wanted to see the surrounding villages, because according to the report, we know how they are picturesque. Moreover, in these villages is one feature - live there, women who have the custom of wearing very long hair.

Prior to one such village, we got three hours. From it left the road, which soon, we thought, was to take us to the cable car station below our hotel. But here we strongly missed. The road was mountainous and wound along the slopes of the hills. And instead of 1, 5 km away we thought we had to go through 7. The heat was incredible. On the terraces, where water is everywhere, it is almost not felt, but on the hot asphalt, where there is absolutely no shade, keep on this road was not just difficult, but also dangerous. In the middle of the way from the terrible heat I started to feel dizzy, and Alex did not feel much better. In the end, we got to the police post, 1 kilometer, 5 to the cable car, which asked for a lift to take us back to our village. Up we climbed the cable car without risking in the heat to walk upstairs. Pick up things and Hao, we went back down to the bus station. We had to get today to the last point of our trip - Yangshuo.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting