Glacial Lagoon

Jokulsarlon - is the only place in Iceland where you can see the icebergs up close. 50 years ago, the glacier reached the shore, and break off ice floes become just float away into the ocean. The spectacle is very picturesque and impressive!

Great place, I was attacked by a feeling of euphoria and drive, I feel an unprecedented surge of energy! Apparently the others feel the same :) Yokulsarlon photographed more often than any other place in Iceland, so that it has turned into a typical arctic landscape for magazines and newspapers. And on the lake filmed scenes movie "View to a Kill", "Die Another Day," "Batman Begins" and several commercials.

There are two options walk around the lagoon: Amphibian and Zodiac. I would choose the second, but no one supported me, and I joined the majority.

First we go through the land, and then dive into the water

Here they are, the icebergs!

All these whimsical shapes, large and small. To zoom in the picture boat, the same as ours.

This here Zodiac. Boat more maneuverable, so it is able to haul icebergs to a close distance. Also, walk to the Zodiac lasts 1 hour. But most of the tourists choose a more economical option.

The bridge across the narrow neck of the Gulf. In winter, it freezes and icebergs are "locked" in the lagoon until the spring.

In the background the glacier. Ice slides into the ocean and breaks off huge chunks.

This ice 2000 years! After the story, Christine chopped pieces and offered to taste the ancient ice.

About 90% of an iceberg is under water. Uncle kicked his boat super-giant piece of ice, and he rolled over.

Icebergs create a microclimate in the lagoon. So here is the good weather.

All we have are sailing back. The lagoon is cool enough. Still, so much ice around.

The tourist center can buy souvenirs and have lunch in the cafe. Cream of seafood worth 900 kroner, but it can be all you want Refills

After a hearty lunch, warmed and rested a little bit of experience, we headed to the coast

Huge chunks of ice lay on the beach. White-blue chunks on black sand leave an unforgettable impression! I naschelkat probably two hundred staff, could not stop :) I woke up when she felt cold. The ice cooled the air around a few degrees. Feeling as if you climbed into the refrigerator.

Yokulsarlon should visit everyone who comes to Iceland. It simply must see!

Source: neferjournal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting