Soldiers Times Union

The author writes:
In the country there were remnants of the Grand Army, which was in my childhood. A dozen or so surviving figures of several hundred, completely gone somewhere with the carefree years. These residues are the most famous "Donetsk" series that knew every boy of the late USSR.

Most were rare "ancient" series with the ancient Romans and Egyptians. I even at the best of times there were only a few soldiers of these sets. Now there are only a couple of Romans. Legionnaire:

Gladiator

The Vikings, on the other hand, were quite widespread series and I gathered through a series of street exchange the entire set. Who of them there is only one figure

It was a childhood favorite of all the Vikings, it even had its own nickname: "Uncle thickĀ».

Cowboys were the most popular series of all and even sometimes en masse Donetsk figurines called "kovboytsami." There was only a couple of pieces. This figure I remember from kindergarten, the commercials with 1976

The second figure survived cowboy with a lasso, on the contrary, never liked because some neekspressivnosti and unarmed

Pirates after the Cowboys were probably the most popular and widespread. There was only one, but again the favorite character

He called "Israel HandsĀ».

The Indians were in great honor. "Correct" Indian from Donetsk set

By the mid-1980s, some Moscow, it seems, the factory began to drive poor excuse Donetsk Indians with disgusting casting. Here is a sample

Of the large number of import figures remained almost nothing, although there were a lot of beautiful and beloved. Here's a creeping American

A separate topic of Donetsk were great figures: the Red Army, savages hunters. Play them was somehow not accepted, but barter is still very willingly because of the high quality of performance (obviously, again on foreign "patterns"). Something survived from Soviet soldiers

Source: visualhistory.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting