Klitschko-Maskaev will not take place

[img = left]

[/ left] The battle for the title of world champion by the World Boxing Council between Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko and Russian Oleg Maskaev will not take place. This was stated by the manager of the Nigerian boxer Samuel Peter Bulgarian Ivaylo Gotsev.

According to Itar-Tass by telephone from Las Vegas Samuel Peter's manager Ivaylo Gotsev Bulgarian, Vitaliy refused to continue participation in the negotiations, which are now completed, and thus provided an opportunity for the organization of fight Peter - Maskaev.

The last few months were tough negotiations, involving several parties: the number one contender Peter for compensation of 2, 5 million dollars agreed to cede Vitaly right meet with the reigning world champion Maskaev, which could take place on June 2 in Moscow. However Gotsev reported that almost three-month history finally ended. According to him, "Vitali could not organize a fight in Moscow».

"The subject of compensation was only talking to the specifics, it never came - said Gotsev. - I do not quite have information why Vitaly decided to withdraw from the negotiations, I believe, he could not do everything right, and he could not provide compensation. But in any case it is now appropriate to talk not about what happened, and that will be. And will - fight for a world title Maskaev - Peter ».

Gotsev said that negotiations on the organization of this fight is only at an initial stage: "To be honest with Maskaev promoter Dennis Rappaport very hard to talk. He is in the clouds, and it needs to come down to earth. We need to really look at things and to deal with serious people. And so it turns out that he has promised a lot and did not happen. But, nevertheless, I am sure that we shall agree very quickly ».

Ivaylo said that his team will not mind carrying the fight with Maskaev in Moscow. On the question of an early date - June 2 - he said that does not make sense to carry out in the same city two fights. Earlier in the day in the Russian capital was to be held and the battle for the title of the WBO Sultan Ibragimov between Russian and American Shannon Briggs, but the fight has just been transferred to the United States.

Newsru

Tags

See also

New and interesting