He decided to create this dinosaur (3 photos)

Remember the movie & quot; Jurassic Park & ​​quot; and dinosaurs that were in this picture?
So, the American paleontologist Jack Horner has worked on this film, and now he wants to create a real living dinosaur.
As you are such an idea?

According to the scientist, there is nothing particularly complex, and not even have to look for prehistoric mosquito landed in resin, barely having drunk dinosaur blood. Print the ancient reptile help quite modern creation - those that, according to one theory, are descended from dinosaurs. We are talking about birds.
& quot; We will take as its starting point the embryo is a chicken-and genetic engineering techniques make him go back to the past, is not & quot; pull out & quot; dinosaur that lurks within him. Initially, it will not quite dinosaur, but a creature that has many of the features of & quot ;, - told the scientist. Follow & quot; odinozavrivanie & quot; This creature will take, according to Horner, do not have much time - five years, seven.

In the first stages in the chick embryo develop dinosaur traits: teeth, paws with three toes

It is noteworthy that in itself the idea of ​​a & quot; kurozavra & quot; (or & quot; dinokura & quot; - as you like) is not so new. The first strong statements in the press to this effect were made a few years ago. For example, a colleague from Canada Horner Hans Larsson in 2009 announced work on a similar project, while specifying that it is inspired by his accomplishments American paleontologist. But Horner himself does not sit on the ground. & quot; When I was little, I dreamed of two things. The first - to become a paleontologist. Second - to have their own dinosaur & quot ;, - previously admitted the scientist. Actually, it has become a paleontologist, and learning about dinosaurs, more, more and more enthusiastic about these prehistoric animals, and the desire to carry out a second childhood dream ever increasing. And if you believe yourself Horner, to implement it left nothing.

& quot; Kurozavr & quot; with fangs - almost a reality

The process of creating & quot; kurozavra & quot; as presented by Horner it does not look so difficult. But there are nuances: for example, to grow a dinosaur from ancient drops of blood in the same & quot; Jurassic Park & ​​quot ;, it is impossible. & quot; If you take a piece of amber, inside of which - the mosquito, and mosquitoes take forth from something and then kloniruesh, and so many times, you get a room full of mosquitoes. And yet - a whole bunch of trees - joked Horner Science Foundation at the conference TED last year. - So if you want dinosaur DNA, it is necessary to search for dinosaur & quot ;. Find it, according to the researcher, can be descendants of dinosaurs - birds. A chicken among them chose as a form of the most studied. & quot; We know it by heart gene & quot ;. & quot; This is not just genetic modification. We intend to awaken atavistic genes into the DNA of the birds and cause them to re-emerge - said paleontolog.- First you need to identify the specific genes in the genome of the chicken and change levels of certain regulatory proteins. In the first stages in the chick embryo develop dinosaur traits: teeth, paws with three fingers & quot ;.

Get something like this individual

By the way, the gene responsible for the presence or absence of teeth, have been found, so that for the moment scientists can theoretically create a chicken with teeth. But it is not a monster - as being quite normal-sized chicken. But a few years later, when scientists get to this dinosaur, the result of their work is not dangerous. As a scientist said in an interview with Live Science, he wants to withdraw a small herbivorous dinosaur. & quot; I do take care to my new home little animals ate any of my other pets, or myself & quot ;.

Source: www.newsru.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting