I thought my son would miss me, and he had a great time.

“My son didn’t even think about living without his mother for a week. He didn't miss me!' complains our reader Tamara. The woman went to the country with her youngest son. The elder remained in his care in the city. What came out of this and why a mother is proud of her child, read more in the article.

When I was a teenager, I was afraid to think about how to live without my mother. We were real friends, I trusted her with everything. The situation with my sons is somewhat different.

Recently, I went to the country for a week to clean the site and prepare it for the cold. My husband couldn’t come with me because of work. I did not force my sons, but the youngest, Kolya, volunteered to help me. And the elder, Leshka, said he wanted to stay home.

I knew he would spend a whole week without my supervision. My husband is home, of course. My son, as I usually do, will not. At least he'll just be busy with work. I was worried, but I thought it would be a good test for my son.

So while I was gone, the world didn't collapse and tragedy didn't happen. Moreover, Lesha worked every day according to his usual schedule. Lessons, homework, karate, programming courses. He made his own food mostly by himself.

My son went to the hospital to get vaccinated. I agreed with the nurse that Lesha would come at a specific time and be allowed to go without his parents. You won't believe it, but my son wasn't a minute late!

When my son became independent, I was bursting with pride. This week, my Lesha has grown up like a year. When I got home, I saw that he was even in his room. Shock! I talked to my husband. He said he didn’t force his son to do anything. This is all his personal initiative.

It was so nice coming home. The boys immediately poisoned to walk in the yard, missed each other. I decided to prepare a dinner party for this occasion. Even baked cake!

At the table, we talked to the guys about everything. I asked my son what it was like to live without his mother. His response was very upset: "It was great, Mom." No one read the lecture, no comments. I had a great time like I was on vacation.”

And how do you know if this is a stone in my mother’s garden or if my son is just that old? Of course, I teach him how to live, not without it. But I can't say that I'm directly pressuring him or anything like that.

My son just grew up and I need to understand. But I miss so much that cute little thing that couldn't get away from my mom. You needed me! And now my son says he was fine without me. I'm beginning to fear that we might lose the bond that mother and son can have. But how can we prevent that?

In each family, the separation process takes place in its own way. Someone is already at the age of 12 comfortable to be alone with himself, and someone after adulthood continues to need constant support of parents or just sits around their neck.

Tamara was lucky that her son became such an independent boy. You should not be afraid of this, but you can not let the further education of the child take its course either. I think now is the time to start talking to Lesha on an equal footing. It is important to take into account his opinion and desires, and not to bend your line in all matters. Adolescents must learn to take responsibility for their words and actions. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting