The old woman told all the neighbors what a good son she had, but they did not believe it until the car drove up to the house.

Sometimes human curiosity transcends all boundaries. Everyone has a curious neighbor or relative who is constantly interested in your life. But only to spread gossip behind his back. Today’s story is about such people. The new neighbor said that her beloved son is very caring and lives well. They just laughed. But it all turned out unexpectedly.

Editorial "Site" It tells a story in which gossip girls had to bite their tongues.

The most beloved son of Delo was late summer, which was slowly approaching autumn. In a modest nine-storey small resort town moved a woman of solid age. Residents of this house almost all day watched the new arrival, sitting on the balcony. The woman was very well-groomed, proudly held her posture, but it was clear that the years were taking their toll.

Valentina and Martha have always lived here. They were women in years, too. Retired women who were in no hurry to retire. Valentina sold souvenirs on the beach, Martha rented her second apartment. The ladies' favorite pastime was gossip. And moving a new resident to the house foreshadowed new secrets, intrigues, investigations.

The lady immediately seemed out of this world. From another city, she not only brought with her things and a luxurious cat, but even brought vases. I didn’t do anything but go out to the beach once a day. Is she going to live on a pension alone? Women had different theories. But soon they decided to move on and met their neighbor.

The new neighbor's name was Natalia Lvovna. Turns out she came from here. The woman married early and went to her husband. Settled in another city, gave birth to a son. But recently her husband died, so she decided to change the situation. My son has his own family, a long time. And she wanted silence, and longed for the sea. So I'm back.

So women began to communicate from time to time. Natalia the neighbor seemed warm and quite nice. But Natalia was asking more and more questions. Especially her son, whom she talked about every time. Olezhka and earns well, and the apartment in the city he owns. But they were surprised that, with all this, the woman is not shy.

Their curious looks noticed that she buys cheap pasta in the store, and does not take meat at all. If your son is so rich and caring, why doesn’t your mother support you? To this question, the ladies searched hard for an answer. Once Valentina could not stand it and directly asked Natalia how her son is rich, but does not help her. Maybe he forgot about his mother?

Natalia became uneasy with such cheeky questions. She was confused, but still replied, “He has two children to put on his feet.” I'm not gonna ask him for money. Especially since I have enough, I live modestly, but without need.” She thought she was being questioned. The women looked at her, grinning brazenly. It's like saying, "You're lying!"

After this conversation, Natalia decided not to go for walks anymore. Just a couple of days without seeing women. She thought they were genuinely asking, and all they wanted was gossip. Now they must have told the whole entrance that there lives a crazy old woman who was abandoned by her own son. In fact, it was pretty much like that. Because Martha and Valentina discussed it with everyone who was willing to listen.

One of the sunny days Natalia was sitting in the kitchen and looking at the sea, which was visible from the window. She thought she should finally go for a walk. It doesn't matter what her cheeky neighbors think. But then she noticed a well-known car drive up to the house. She got up and rushed to wear something more decent than a home coat.

At that time, the neighbors were sitting at the entrance, just about to go to the market. They immediately noticed a fancy car that drove into their yard. Only the elite drove these cars in their city. The women had forgotten about going to the market and were staring. Out of the car came a handsome and handsome man who was very well dressed. Martha and Valentina knew how to judge people by appearance.

But how surprised they were when Natalia ran to meet this man. The man immediately smiled and said, “Mom, I finally found you.” This is a maze! You're really getting better, the sea air is really good for you.” Natalia smiled, hugged him, only saying: "Olezhka, son." He took two large bags out of the trunk and he and his mother entered the house.

The ladies at the entrance could only watch with their mouths open. That's how it turns out she didn't lie, so it is. They did not ask questions from Natalia, and she avoided them. She didn’t want to talk to them anymore, and they couldn’t bear to admit that they were wrong. Of course, they did not stop gossip, but Natalia was left alone.

Curiosity is not a bad trait. But when it is used to slander afterward, there is no good in it. Sometimes people need to be more tactful and not cross the line. But apparently, women did not have their own life and activities that would be more interesting than gossip about Natalia. So they came to her with stupid questions. It's good that they paid so fast and had to bite their tongues.

I hope you learn something from this story. We decided to tell people less about ourselves and our lives. So that all sorts of curious ladies don't put your life on public display. What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting