I put socks in the washing room, there were no unpaired ones, and after the wash I did not count two, I do not know where they went.

It would seem that it can be easier and faster than laundry? I threw the whole pile into the drum, and then the washing machine will do it for you. Only here very often housewives are trapped when some socks after washing a pair disappears. Mysterious disappearance!

In fact, everything has a logical explanation. Today's edition. "Site" It will tell you where the socks from the washing machine go and how to avoid it. And we will also share other useful tips that will make it easier to wash things.

There are 2 main reasons why socks can disappear after washing. Manufacturers of equipment are forced to leave a little space between the drum and the casing. This is necessary so that the drum itself can rotate freely during operation. If you load the drum, heavy things often displace lighter ones.

As a result, your favorite socks can end up in the sewers or, worse, clog a drain hose. In addition, socks are easily clogged between the drum seal and stick to it. First of all, it is worth checking it. It’s even better not to let that happen.

For this, experienced housewives advise to put underwear and all the trifles in a separate bag. It can be bought or sewn with your own hands from some remnants of fabric or mesh. So you don't have to look for missing socks all over the washer. By the way, AliEpress sells special clips on the rope. With their help, you can not only dry, but also wash socks in the machine.

We have repeatedly shared with you tips on how to wash things correctly. For example, they told how to whiten clothes at home or how to wash things in black. And they even showed how to prepare a budget washing powder with their own hands.

However, art with proper washing can be learned for years. Did you know, for example, that sometimes getting rid of an unpleasant smell does not help at all washing? Sometimes you wash a tracksuit and it still smells bad. In this case, it is enough to put a clean thing in the bag and send it to the freezer for the whole night. The smell will disappear in the morning!

White base T-shirts could last for years if not for the terrible sweat spots in the armpits. As it turned out, it was very easy to get rid of them. You need to generously lubricate the stains with lemon juice and sprinkle them with baking soda. After an hour, clothes should be washed in a typewriter in normal mode. If you've done this before, tell me in the comments, does this life hack work?

The chalk powder fights greasy spots on clothes, and a piece of ice fights gum. As a stain remover, ordinary shaving cream and baby shampoo are often used. By the way, the last tool helps to return the grounded things to their former size and shape. It is enough to soak clothes in water, adding only 1 shampoo cap. And after 15 minutes, rinse the thing and dry with a towel. Then it is very important to simply spread it on a horizontal surface until completely dry.

Truth or fiction? I recently learned that sorting clothes by colors is the last century. They say that everything depends not on the shade, but on the density of the material of things. The heavier the fabric, the more moisture it absorbs. For this reason, the powder is washed out of different clothes in different ways. In addition, if you mix things from material of different density, too thin things will deteriorate and stretch faster.

But, of course, there are well-known rules that are better not to break. White clothes should be washed separately from other clothes. And if you mix colored things of the same density in one wash, it is best not to turn on the temperature above 30 degrees.

Housewives face another problem. After washing, things begin to electrify. To prevent this from happening again, it is enough to put a ball rolled up from ordinary foil in the drum of the machine. My colleague Nikolai Laduba wrote about such a trick in his recent article. By the way, in it you can learn about other life hacks.

I hope that now washing socks and other things will be a joy. There may be other advice in your arsenal. Boldly share them in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting