The employee of a private “smart” greenhouse said that urgently planted on seedlings in February, opened his business for the sale of seedlings

Planting seedlings in February 2022 is well underway. I have a list of seeds that I plant in the second half of February iron, no matter what happens around! – told me a friend, who for the second year earns well on gardening.

The ex-wife of Mikhail Petrovich worked all day in private smarthouse. “From her I learned all the wisdom of the matter. Started a business selling seedlings, now everything is in chocolate!

Today's edition. "Site" He'll tell you what to plant. seedlings in February. It's time to get to work, dear residents!

Peels Seedling Planting in February 2022 The sooner the better! This statement does not work when it comes to plants and the timing of their sowing in seedlings. February is the month that opens the season, but only for some cultures. sprouting and vegetation.

Before you start planting, be sure to read the list of fruit and garden and ornamental plants that need to be sown in February.

View this post on Instagram

Posted by Liudmila Sapon (@dom_rastenia_sad)

I recommend starting with tomatoes. Choose better. late-ripe tomatoes with a growing period of more than 100 days. Of the varieties, I advise you to pay attention to “rio grande”, “intuition”, “cosmonaut of wolves”, “de barao giant”, “rocket”, “Altai” and hybrid “reliable F1”.

For closed soil, you can safely plant pepper seeds on seedlings. Give preference to medium and late ripe varieties of sweet pepper. Be sure to give them light!

Publication from OGORODNITA from Kaliningrad (@_yumarinka)

At the end of February begins mass sowing of eggplants for planting in greenhouses. It is important to correctly calculate the time of their sowing.

In the second half of February, leek seeds are planted, if it is planned to grow it in a seedling method. In this case, in one season you can get good onion heads by sowing seeds.

Post by Lyudmila Musical Gardener (@muzykalnyi_sadovod)

All types of celery are better to grow seeding. For stem and root, this is a prerequisite. Leaf can be sown - and immediately in the garden, but seedlings are preferable. Celery root is a super useful vegetable, popular in dietary nutrition, with an unusual taste and aroma, a favorite of nutritionists.

The period from seedlings to harvest is about 180 days, so the optimal sowing time is in the middle or even the end of February.

For open ground, it is necessary to prepare strawberry seeds and strawberries. When planting the seeds do not deepen, slightly pressed. The first shoots will appear in 3 weeks, and by May they will be ready for open ground.

Publication by Galina Shlykova (@madam.gala)

And now, flower-culture. Petunia, begonia, pelargonia, cloves shabo, lion's yawn, lobelia, salvia, gazania, eustom is also time to sow, so that in the spring they decorate the garden with their decorative appearance.

If you have a heated greenhouse or you are growing garden greens and vegetables on an industrial scale, then you should definitely know that February is also a great time for sowing early varieties of greenhouse cucumbers, cabbage and squash. Already in March, stronger seedlings are sent to greenhouses in April and May to collect early harvests of vegetables.

Publication from Flowers. Seedlings. Krasnodar (@multisad2018)

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that early seedlings highlightFebruary has short and often cloudy days. Therefore, it is worth using phytolamps!

I also suggest familiarizing yourself with the simplest calculation method to stop stocking up on seedlings at random. Assimilate these rules, and you will know exactly how many seeds will be needed for wild shoots.

Publication from Living Plants (@rastenie0000)

To calculate the time of sowing seeds, you need to know springtime. The stem and leaves of tomatoes can be seen after 6-10 days, cucumbers - 3-7 days, pepper - 7-15 days, cabbage - 3-10 days, eggplants - 5-10 days, celery and rhubarb - 7-14 days. The period of germination of squash, squash, pumpkins is 3-10 days, lettuce is 4-10 days.

For me personally, planting seedlings in February 2022 is just beginning. I'll plant leeks and tomatoes first, and then I'll grab celery.

Have you prepared the seeds for the seedlings yet? Do you have any favorites that you start every season?

Tags

See also

New and interesting